WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri State game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eglseder couldn't play at all when he got on campus and by the time he left he was an arrest away from being Player of the Year. Adam Koch was player of the year. Lucas O'Rear was a tweener that they coached up to 6th Man of the Year and would have been All League if he hadn't broken his ankle. Seth Tuttle was 3 time All League, Player of the Year and an All American. Austin Phyfe has been All League twice with at least one year to go.

Jared Josten playing out of position was an All League player. Kwadzo was a two time All League Player and MVC Tourney MVP. Deon Mitchell was an 1100 point scorer and All League Player. Wes Washpun, who literally couldn't play offense when he got here, became an All League Player. AJ is a Player of the Year and depending on how long he stays will be the all time leading scorer here.

But yeah, development is a problem.
    #MACtion

Comment

jacobsen doesn’t know what a pg looks like
      I will take 3 more years of what Bowen Born looks like. Tough to be a great pg as a freshman, but we have got a keeper.

Comment

Coach Jake develops personel to a high level given the limited facilities such as no basketball only practice court. I do question his ability to change strategy, substitution patterns, practice preparation, but you can't unsee his accomplishments. Coach might not remain at UNI much longer, but I hope he stays a long time into the future.

Comment

Even Coach Farley was successful at developing athletes. Many football players have become productive citizens. I don't think Coach Farley is successful as a head coach making in game adjustments etc. He wound up being suitable as a defensive line\ linebacker coach similar to his early years of coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

So an MVC regular season champ is not "meaningful"? I'd hate to be an Iowa fan given utterly meaningless season they just had. And realize that Green has only played 2 years, and was a few questionable calls away from making the NCAA his Freshman year.

I'm not sure who get's credit for developing which players, but I think Kwadzo was pretty good PG when he played for Jake. Tuttle was an All-American big man.
            In a league with no Creighton or wichita and pre-emerged loyola? No. And Tuttle was more of a Euro-style stretch 4 with his perimeter game although he also had post skills. Fine. I’ll give benefit of the doubt there, but we are now far removed from those teams and there isn’t much to show

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
              And get off the lawn too!!!!

This is the equivalent of the kid standing on the side of the playground while a skirmish is going down. Instead of participating, they are there only to keep it going because they don’t have the guts to do it themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

This is the equivalent of the kid standing on the side of the playground while a skirmish is going down. Instead of participating, they are there only to keep it going because they don’t have the guts to do it themselves
                Nah... I don't need to participate when you set the bar by talking about how you being here since day one makes your panther fandom above everyone else's.
                If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I have news for you. Panthernation was around long before you and your buddy rolled in. I was here day one. And I’m not going anywhere. In fact, any UNI fan/alum should be welcome as long as they aren’t personally attacking another poster or using profanity. Both of which you and your friends have violated in the past because you are immature as you can’t represent your position like an adult

I just wish that some of the members of this forum with the biggest concerns could be a little more positive when things go well and do a little more "cheering" for the Panthers despite their concerns. This site has become too much of a "gripe site." I prefer a "fan site" that includes honest critique from "fans" who cheer for the Panthers no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                    I just wish that some of the members of this forum with the biggest concerns could be a little more positive when things go well and do a little more "cheering" for the Panthers despite their concerns. This site has become too much of a "gripe site." I prefer a "fan site" that includes honest critique from "fans" who cheer for the Panthers no matter what.
                    HEAR! HEAR!

Comment

I’ve cheered, donated, drove miles upon miles and spent an unbelievable amount of my personal time watching and supporting the Panthers for nearly 60 years. I don’t have to apologize to anyone for that. I vent on here during and after games. I have spoken positively too although it’s been less so in recent years as success hasn’t been nearly as strong as in the past. I’ve seen the programs go backwards and that’s the run. The younger fans haven’t ran the race that some of the rest of us have. Bottom line is there should be more mutual respect and that is lacking. But that’s also what’s changed in our world today

Comment

Heads up, in case anyone missed it Mizz St bear SIU
                        G-N-D

Comment

Winning is more fun than losing. With NDSU with COVID problems, next week might be it so finish strong and get ready for the fall.
                          #MACtion

Comment

I think the fan base is with the Panthers no matter what. We feel cheated out of an NCAA Men's berth in the First Four last season. We didn't get to see what might have been in St. Louis this season. Our coaches might leave the Men's BB program. Many transfers could occur. Our football program will take three years at least to fix. There are many short fuses in our fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

Our football program will take three years at least to fix.
                              What you perceive as "broken" is still humming along pretty derned well. We're over.500, and make the post-season every year.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post
                                What you perceive as "broken" is still humming along pretty derned well. We're over.500, and make the post-season every year.
                                not this year. MIGHT finish over .500 if the NDSU game is cancelled and if the Panthers manage a win over USD. But there will be no post-season for this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X