WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri State game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we found the Dunbar fan on here. Always over .500, would have made playoffs with the expanded field as it is now. Guess that's the measure of success.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post
      What you perceive as "broken" is still humming along pretty derned well. We're over.500, and make the post-season every year.
      You're delusional, correct? I was being kind at 3 years. Many don't think it will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Winning is more fun than losing. With NDSU with COVID problems, next week might be it so finish strong and get ready for the fall.
        I'm looking forward to seeing UNI v NDSU in the Dome...but this wouldn't be the worst outcome.

The game has no playoff implications for us and we don't need anymore injuries.

7 games played is a good spring season and get ready for fall.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

not this year. MIGHT finish over .500 if the NDSU game is cancelled and if the Panthers manage a win over USD. But there will be no post-season for this team.
          We shall see. If so, then we're on par with the basketball team!

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

You're delusional, correct? I was being kind at 3 years. Many don't think it will be fixed.
            Delusional, when the team makes post-season virtually every year, still maintains a 66% winning percentage, and wins the majority of our games?

Ok, then strike me down for being "delusional," Lord, for I am "delusional.

Comment

Winning the majority of the games has NEVER been the goal for the football program. Never. Conference championships first followed by meaningful playoff runs.
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Delusional, when the team makes post-season virtually every year, still maintains a 66% winning percentage, and wins the majority of our games?

I’m glad that you are happy winning 60% of the games, never winning conference titles, and virtually never advancing to even the quarters or semis in the playoffs. Losing in the Dome has become routine, attendance has fallen. Utterly inept offensive football.

To actual UNI Football fans, this is unacceptable.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Yes, delusional. We're getting our teeth kicked in at Ames 42-10. We're going 6-5 tops and won't make the playoffs in the Fall. We're the same minus going to Ames in 22 and 23 with no playoffs. This is the norm until a new coach is hired. Oh yeah, the new coach might do even worse leading to 4-7 football. We're not a school with the dollars to hire power five level coaching. We can only hire another MVC level coach that could do far less.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

Yes, delusional. We're getting our teeth kicked in at Ames 42-10. We're going 6-5 tops and won't make the playoffs in the Fall. We're the same minus going to Ames in 22 and 23 with no playoffs. This is the norm until a new coach is hired. Oh yeah, the new coach might do even worse leading to 4-7 football. We're not a school with the dollars to hire power five level coaching. We can only hire another MVC level coach that could do far less.
                    Well, pooh on that! I say we're losing 40-10 in Ames!

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I’m glad that you are happy winning 60% of the games, never winning conference titles, and virtually never advancing to even the quarters or semis in the playoffs. Losing in the Dome has become routine, attendance has fallen. Utterly inept offensive football.

To actual UNI Football fans, this is unacceptable.
                      Correction: 66% of games won. Would 61% be more desirable?

Comment

Farley is near the top on the pay scale of FCS football coaches, unless something has dramatically changed. There is plenty of fb coaching talent out there. If we find one, how long we could keep them, who knows.

Comment

Maybe I’ve missed it in multiple threads that are being taken in multiple directions but Cole Bair tweeted 5 days ago that when he interviewed David Harris that an extension with Farley will be announced in the next week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post
                            Maybe I’ve missed it in multiple threads that are being taken in multiple directions but Cole Bair tweeted 5 days ago that when he interviewed David Harris that an extension with Farley will be announced in the next week or two.

Comment

Correction: 66% of games won. Would 61% be more desirable?
                              would Alabama football be happy and content with only winning 66% of games and making some bowl-game-no-one-really-cares-about?
                              I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post
                                Sigh ten characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X