WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western IL

Panthers take on an 0-4 Western IL team today at 11. I am assuming McElvain is eligible to play. Sure seems quiet on PN but with UNI already out of the playoff picture hard to get too excited.

i thought i had sen earlier in the week that it was going to be Fomby again today and that he would be working with the one's all week. i'm excited in the sense that maybe we can play some guys and see what we really have in them. Hopefully we get a good combo of available O Lineman that can move the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon View Post
      Panthers take on an 0-4 Western IL team today at 11. I am assuming McElvain is eligible to play. Sure seems quiet on PN but with UNI already out of the playoff picture hard to get too excited.
      In a spring game where UNI is clearly out of the playoffs and completely punch drunk on offense, it would make absolutely zero sense whatsoever for mcelvain to take one more snap this spring whether he was 120% or had the flu and three broken legs. It’s way beyond time to find out what you have in both fomby and merten

Comment

Line play hasn't improved and Fomby still doesn't seem to read things well. This offense is SOOOOO boring and predictable. What an infuriating and frustrating season to watch a bad offense waste another talented and top notch D.

Also what the hell is up with Matty Cook? Another missed FG that he's definitely shown he's capable of hitting. Now he shouldn't be on FGA #16 in Game 5 already but c'mon...

Comment

Aside from the opening play of the game, a 75 td pass from Fomby to Weston, the offense has struggled to move the ball and when they do put a drive together, the offensive line commits 2 holding calls that killed the drive.

Comment

I couldn't imagine showing up on a "fan" forum each game and incessantly drive myself into a blind rage by pernting out what is wrong and sucks about MY team.

Sounds like a high time to me!

Comment

OMAR!!! Mic drop

Comment

Panthers block a fg attempt at the end of the half and Omar Brown returns it for a td. Panthers up 17-7 at the half.

Comment

Well, that was a turn of events in under a minute. 10 point swing.

Comment

Good thing the defense continues to outshine the gloomy state of the O.

They've created several turnover chances, perfect time to create and capitalize on another one.

Comment

Well look at this! Offense put's together a great drive by sticking to blocks and mixing it up with ball carriers and packages. Where the hell has this been the last few games?

Comment

Panthers cap off 87 yard drive with 6 yard td run by Hoosman. Pulling away now 24-7.

Comment

the play calling on on our last offensive possession was refreshing. nice timing on pass plays, getting. the ball to playmakers on the edge... good spacing in the running game. all things in working in concert to set up the other things. hopefully not a one drive phenomenon

Comment

Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
                            the play calling on on our last offensive possession was refreshing. nice timing on pass plays, getting. the ball to playmakers on the edge... good spacing in the running game. all things in working in concert to set up the other things. hopefully not a one drive phenomenon
                            Did Farley finally give up "play-calling" on O after however many years? We can only hope

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                              Well look at this! Offense put's together a great drive by sticking to blocks and mixing it up with ball carriers and packages. Where the hell has this been the last few games?
                              There was a glimmer here and there before, but we didn’t have a QB that could execute. Fomby still a lot to learn, but he actually stays in pocket to let receivers run a route and some of the schemes to develop. As I said before , Will vacating the pocket so quickly made the offense a free for all,,, and his lack of accuracy couldn’t compensate,,,, I hope we use the rest of the year give these other two QBs a chance to continue to progress.

And now that Farley’s “running” Qb isn’t in maybe he not as invested in the play calling and letting go a bit of the Reigns????
                              Last edited by Purpledog; 03-27-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X