WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther Draft Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Draft Watch

Any buzz you see on Panthers and the NFL draft, please include it in this thread.

Josh Edwards of CBS Sports has Spencer Brown going at #56 overall in the 2nd round to Seattle.

Here's his draft profile on PFN: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...le-uni-tackle/

Here's the draft profile on the same site for Elerson Smith: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/e...file-uni-edge/

Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

We shouldn't have a snowball's chance in heck getting anyone into the pros, being that our teams are SO dismal every year.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post
      We shouldn't have a snowball's chance in heck getting anyone into the pros, being that our teams are SO dismal every year.
      I think I speak for everyone and I mean this sincerely.

Go **** Yourself.
      #MACtion

Comment

Or it could be said that the fact we have players, and have had players, in the draft is why some are disappointed in the results of the team.

Comment

Sucks that Briley Moore wont be drafted as a Panther, if he is drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
            Any buzz you see on Panthers and the NFL draft, please include it in this thread.

Josh Edwards of CBS Sports has Spencer Brown going at #56 overall in the 2nd round to Seattle.

Here's his draft profile on PFN: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...le-uni-tackle/

Here's the draft profile on the same site for Elerson Smith: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/e...file-uni-edge/

To date, Meester is the highest draft choice out of UNI .... number 60 in the 2nd round. Went on to start 209 games (out of 209 games in which he could play) as a Jaguar over 14 seasons.

Trivia - which State College of Iowa player was drafted by both leagues during the NFL-AFL Draft Wars of the mid-'60s before the merger was announced?
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Only star I know was Randy Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                Only star I know was Randy Schultz
                That was quick. I know you didn't look it up, too.
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

Or it could be said that the fact we have players, and have had players, in the draft is why some are disappointed in the results of the team.
                  Yes, but a REALY bad team that folks on here are declaring would never produce such players though correct? How many from Indiana State head to the NFL?

Comment

Yes, but a REALY bad team that folks on here are declaring would never produce such players though correct? How many from Indiana State head to the NFL?
                    you're struggling with this concept, so I'll talk slowly to explain it.
                    You don't hear Indiana State fans lamenting about losses because they know they don't really have the players to compete at a high level.
                    Meanwhile, UNI is able to recruit NFL-caliber players, but can't make proper use of them to win enough to make the top of the conference or the deep rounds of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      you're struggling with this concept, so I'll talk slowly to explain it.
                      You don't hear Indiana State fans lamenting about losses because they know they don't really have the players to compete at a high level.
                      Meanwhile, UNI is able to recruit NFL-caliber players, but can't make proper use of them to win enough to make the top of the conference or the deep rounds of the playoffs.
                      Would 61% be an improvement?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I think I speak for everyone and I mean this sincerely.

Go **** Yourself.
                        Always touching to see personal contentment during the Season of Easter, eh, folks?

God bless during this season of Easter, BCEaster.

Comment

Dane Brugler from The Athletic just released his NFL Draft Guide. A massive 262 page rundown of where he ranks all the prospects for the upcoming draft.

Spencer Brown is his rated as his 13th OT and ranked #100 overall. He gives him a 3rd-4th round grade.

Elerson Smith is his 23rd EDGE rusher and gives him a 5th round grade. (interestingly notes that some scouts like him as a possibility at TE)

Fun one:
                          Briley Moore is his 13th TE and a 6th-7th round grade

Comment

I've seen a number of people who think Spencer has absolutely destroyed the spring draft period and might be looking at a mid-2nd to early-3rd round. I'm skeptical but he's got a shot to be the highest drafted player since Meester (with a longshot to beat him).

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                              I've seen a number of people who think Spencer has absolutely destroyed the spring draft period and might be looking at a mid-2nd to early-3rd round. I'm skeptical but he's got a shot to be the highest drafted player since Meester (with a longshot to beat him).
                              I’ve seen the same. Smith tested really well too. 41” vertical, or whatever it was - that’s really something for a guy that size playing D-End.

I haven’t seen the draft guide mentioned above, but it’s possible it went to press prior to UNI’s pro day. From everything I’ve read though, it’s generally on target with Brown being a day two pick, and Smith going day three. Question is, specifically where. Both guys have $ at stake with that answer.
                              Last edited by SteinPizza; 04-07-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X