WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 QB? and other depth chart discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    It should say "Fall 2021 Schedule" instead of "Spring 2021", but that's fairly minor, and understandable that some mistakes like that made it through given the turnover in the AthComm staff
    Just noticed that in the game notes David Johnson is still listed as being with AZ Cardinals. If only...

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

Just noticed that in the game notes David Johnson is still listed as being with AZ Cardinals. If only...
      If UNI was smart, they'd check here weekly and get fixes for the notes with minimal effort.
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

UNI Game Notes riddled with errors!??!?!

Unpossible.
        #MACtion

Comment

Listened to the Panther Point of View podcast that dropped yesterday while walking over lunch. Isaiah Weston was the interview.

Asked about the group of receivers, Weston mentioned Sam Schnee as "probably the most under-rated receiver in our room" and saying that we will see "a lot" of Schnee on the field. Later in the podcast he returned to Schnee when asked who stands out.

He also said that Day is "neck and neck" with McElvain and that there were times when there were more quarterbacks than receivers in some summer workouts.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

it shows him listed with the Houston Texans when I looked at it.
            They did list Xavier Williams as being on the Injured Reserve list for the Cardinals (which he was for about a week, signing with the team on Aug 7, placed on the IR on Aug 8, but then was released/cut on Aug 16)

Comment

KXNO afternoon show has a regular caller who’s got Cedar Valley media connections. The hosts both know him so seems legit. He said this afternoon Will will start, and has some inside info. No big scoop, or surprise, just passing it on. This guy also thinks Will will be on a fairly short leash as far as being pulled in favor of Day if the offense stagnates.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                KXNO afternoon show has a regular caller who’s got Cedar Valley media connections. The hosts both know him so seems legit. He said this afternoon Will will start, and has some inside info. No big scoop, or surprise, just passing it on. This guy also thinks Will will be on a fairly short leash as far as being pulled in favor of Day if the offense stagnates.
                Not at all surprised we're setting up for musical chairs at quarterback.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

If UNI was smart, they'd check here weekly and get fixes for the notes with minimal effort.
                  I know i have brought this up here before, but I still cannot come up with the UNI-Dome record that matches what the AD puts out there.

The set of notes for the Iowa State game has the UNI-Dome record at 251-59-1.

Using information from UNI Football Media guides - plus unipanthers.com for 2017 and Spring 2020 because I cannot find media guides with those seasons included - this is what I get, including playoff games to date, 1976-Spring 2021.

Sheriff ('76-'82) 26-16-1 .605
                  Mudra ('82-'87) 30-3-0 .909
                  Bruce ('88) 2-3-0 .400
                  Allen ('89-'96) 48-4-0 .923
                  Dunbar ('97-'00) 18-4-0. .818
                  Farley ('01-Sp'21) 97-27-0 .782

Total ('76-Sp'21) 221-57-1 .795

That does not include the 1998 loss at the Waterloo Central HS stadium when the Dome was unusable due to roof damage.

Where am I missing games?

Comment

I, for one, am absolutely shocked that there are errors in our game notes.

As for your question, I get the same thing.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      I, for one, am absolutely shocked that there are errors in our game notes.

As for your question, I get the same thing.
                      Thanks for checking, BC. I have the media guides going back to pre-'76 with a couple missing and went guide-by-guide.

BTW - these were found online at https://scholarworks.uni.edu/amg/ . The Rod Library has an amazing online archive of ISNS/ISTC/SCI/UNI media guides. A few missing which may be in the physical collection and not yet scanned (I hope). If anyone here has old ones, I would suggest contacting the library about whether they want them if you are thinking of tossing them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                        Farley was on KXNO yesterday for the Morning Rush and essentially said the exact same thing. Giving Will the start seems to be a “let’s see what you can do under the heat” thought. He was very high on Day and Morrissey(?)

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Yes and should be a very solid team IF, and that is a big if, the O Line is good enough and we can actually run the football.

Should be realistically looking at being 3-1 going into Fargo.
                          Always got to keep the hope open that the team will perform poorly, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Literally no one on this board wants us to lose, you ****ing troll ass clown.
                            #MACtion

Comment

BC Panther,

Really? Then why do so many onlu pernt out the bad that the team does and never applaud the good? I'm reminded of the time a couple of years ago when UNI beat some team in the playoffs by thirty-some pernts and all the usual suspects did was complain about it.

Sounds like they like to see a winning UNI to me, eh, folks!?

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Yes, its entirely possible that we have a losing season similar to the one that this team just had 5 months ago.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X