WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Michelle back is a big sigh of relief, and I believe the new marketing person will be starting very, very soon. The UNI men's bball Instagram account has had a lot of content on its stories the last 24 hours. Hopefully that trend continues.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Credit where it's due, $10 flash sale from now until kickoff for tickets this weekend. Seems as though they're at least beginning to try, but I do fear as was discussed in here that it's already too little too late.

Comment

• It's WAY late but at least its an effort.

This isn't going to sell many tickets but it does give us the ability to see playoff tickets for $10 instead of $40.
        #MACtion

Comment

• What if next year they did what they already do and made it that if you wanted a reserved seat you have to be a member of the PSC and at certain levels to get the prime seats. But essentially sell every ticket for $10 or $15, basically the difference will be the scholarship club donation, but it will get people in the door, which I think needs to be the goal. I was no economics major but it seems to me selling 8,000 tickets at $10 is better than 1,500 tickets at $40.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            It's WAY late but at least its an effort.

This isn't going to sell many tickets but it does give us the ability to see playoff tickets for $10 instead of $40.
            Agreed. Seems as though they're reading the message boards. A thread name like this would certainly grab ones attention, and the timing seemed coincidental

Comment

• Had season tickets for over a decade. Never cared what single game tickets cost in terms of the value of season tickets.

it’s for convenience.

A big crowd is fun in that tin can. Fill it as best you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                What if next year they did what they already do and made it that if you wanted a reserved seat you have to be a member of the PSC and at certain levels to get the prime seats. But essentially sell every ticket for $10 or $15, basically the difference will be the scholarship club donation, but it will get people in the door, which I think needs to be the goal. I was no economics major but it seems to me selling 8,000 tickets at $10 is better than 1,500 tickets at $40.
                I think that is an outstanding idea. I've never cared where I sit in the dome.

Comment

• The social media presence is significantly improved. Proof things can, indeed, get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                    Had season tickets for over a decade. Never cared what single game tickets cost in terms of the value of season tickets.

it’s for convenience.

A big crowd is fun in that tin can. Fill it as best you can.
                    The Dome - when the crowd is big and into it - can be incredibly loud and intimidating for the visiting team.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

The Dome - when the crowd is big and into it - can be incredibly loud and intimidating for the visiting team.
                      Literally can’t even remember the last time we had a crowd that could be described this way. NDSU game in ‘14, or the SFA playoff game in ‘14 are the 1st that come to mind.

Haven’t had that big game, big energy, big stakes feel in the Dome for most of the decade. Sad.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Literally can’t even remember the last time we had a crowd that could be described this way. NDSU game in ‘14, or the SFA playoff game in ‘14 are the 1st that come to mind.

Haven’t had that big game, big energy, big stakes feel in the Dome for most of the decade. Sad.
                        Have there been any major leadership changes since then? Asking for a friend....
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I'm old. I remember how loud it could get when Cap'n Cat played on the Mudra teams, how exciting that joint was during TA's years, how I ordered purple protective ear muffs and put the panther logo on them for my daughter to wear for home games in the early '10s because it really was that loud at times and she wouldn't go back until I offered that solution.

So ... um, yeah, you're right ... it's been a while.
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

I'm old. I remember how loud it could get when Cap'n Cat played on the Mudra teams, how exciting that joint was during TA's years, how I ordered purple protective ear muffs and put the panther logo on them for my daughter to wear for home games in the early '10s because it really was that loud at times and she wouldn't go back until I offered that solution.

So ... um, yeah, you're right ... it's been a while.

There were a couple of SIU games where you'd leave with your ears ringing and your throat would heart for three days. It feels like forever ago.

Comment

• I remember bruising up my hands banging on seat backs. That's a mistake you only make 4 or 5 times.

#MACtion

Comment

• The 2007 Homecoming game vs SIU was the most intense game I have ever went to at UNI, the crowd was into it the whole game, it was two top 5 teams playing, it was a blast.

Lets get back to that

Comment

Working...
                                X