WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    Literally can’t even remember the last time we had a crowd that could be described this way. NDSU game in ‘14, or the SFA playoff game in ‘14 are the 1st that come to mind.
    even when there is a big crowd, it never seems to have much energy. most people can't seem to be bothered to actually cheer.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
      The 2007 Homecoming game vs SIU was the most intense game I have ever went to at UNI, the crowd was into it the whole game, it was two top 5 teams playing, it was a blast.

Lets get back to that
      In fairness, we haven't been a true and legitimate contender. Even when NDSU comes in, it still feels like we need a break and some help.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the tickets are 10 bucks at the door tomorrow? I'm in town and while I sure as hell won't be going for 30 bucks, I'll absolutely go for 10. And I mean a real 10 bucks, not 10 bucks, and then 4.50 in mystery fees, and then another 5.00 in "order charge," like I'm seeing right now.

Comment

• a thread that is a mix of "I want donors/businesses to spend millions of dollars on these athletic programs" and "I don't wanna spend $20 on a ticket"

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            a thread that is a mix of "I want donors/businesses to spend millions of dollars on these athletic programs" and "I don't wanna spend $20 on a ticket"
            I don't think anybody on this board has any trouble spending on UNI. The general public is a totally different animal.
            #MACtion

Comment

a thread that is a mix of "I want donors/businesses to spend millions of dollars on these athletic programs" and "I don't wanna spend $20 on a ticket"
              You got me, I am much more poor than a bank. I'm from Waterloo, which like BC so eloquently said, means I come from generations of abject poverty. I'm a full time college student with an incredibly ****ty part time job. My dad is on strike and my mom got laid off. I do not have hardly any disposable income. God forbid that there's anyone out there where 10 bucks and 20 bucks is actually a decently sized difference. And God forbid I dare to think "Maybe this local bank could chip in a bit so that the school doesn't collapse in a decade." That's just me being incredibly selfish, I guess. How dare I.
              Last edited by sevelev711; 10-30-2021, 11:44 AM. Reason: To be more polite

Comment

• funny how a pair of factual observations that didn't make any judgement or state any opinion gets people all defensive

Comment

Yeah. World’s complicated. People are complicated. Situations vary person-to-person, family-to-family, year-to-year.

What is true in one person’s life is not true for the person next to them.

The ability to see that, understand that, and work with that are important to naviagating the world.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Does anyone else see the irony in jay trying to point out nuance?

Anyone shocked he failed pretty miserably at it?

Comment

funny how a pair of factual observations that didn't make any judgement or state any opinion gets people all defensive
                      Have you ever considered shutting the **** up?

Just a suggestion.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Our AD tweeted out his disappointment in the support the football team got at the dome last night. That’s a new one for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          Our AD tweeted out his disappointment in the support the football team got at the dome last night. That’s a new one for me.
                          Yeah I saw that. Hopefully a fire has been lit and now that hires are being made, we start seeing an increased focus on attendance issues.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Our AD tweeted out his disappointment in the support the football team got at the dome last night. That’s a new one for me.
                            Saw that. Maybe you know something should have been done before.. Just a thought

Comment

• We watched part of a few games yesterday. Noticed empty seats in all of them.

Comment

Interesting tactic

Attack those that you ignored, neglected, and refused to acknowledge when they do exactly what you would expect of someone that was ignored and neglected. They didn't show up.

Those of us that go to games know the team is far better than the 4-3 record going into yesterday - the people that aren't going, the people David attacked for not going, don't. They see a 4-3 record next to UNI's name, haven't had any marketing, haven't had any community engagement, etc. and honestly, they don't even realize there was a home game yesterday. The marketing push for 10 dollar tickets was too late and they looked at tickets for games earlier this season and saw tickets were $40 before fees and went "I'm not going to pay that to go see a 4-3 team that the university can't even take 20 seconds to market in a tweet."

David made his bed with attendance. It's been pointed out many times before but attendance is down significantly since he took over. Nothing has changed during that time. The program, overall, is almost identical. Hell, it's actually far better than it was 2012-2016 overall and the crowds were still 13k plus. We are now down to sub 6k for a game against the #3 team in the country, which is likely the school's biggest rival across all sports, while being a top 20 ranked team on our own.

Maybe David needs to take a look in the ****ing mirror to see what the ****ing problem is.

Comment

Working...
                                X