WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    did you have a subscription to that newspaper before they cut back on their staffing?
    Yes I did, thanks for asking

Comment

• Originally posted by uni1988 View Post
      I don’t read the Courier any more. It offers almost nothing on UNI. Sad…
      I read about UNI in it everyday, my friend. Are you skipping the sperts section?!
      Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        It offers nothing in general, it really is sad that a metro area the size of Waterloo and Cedar Falls doesn't have a daily news source with their own writers. Most of the news they get is from the AP.
        Pssst...national trend that's been in place for many years.

Two of my good friends left newspapers, one almost fifteen years ago, and another two years ago, because of the writing on the wall.

It's called the internet. I think you can still buy one at da Walmart.

Comment

did you have a subscription to that newspaper before they cut back on their staffing?
          I did then, and still do. These last couple articles they've put out about UNI have me very seriously reconsidering that.

Comment

• Been a subscriber for over 20 years. The sports page really nosedived after nelson left. local articles are almost non existant and cant tell u the last time they published any local standings for high school or college. All the pro and AP sports stuff we already are getting blasted with on espn. The local sports are the only reason i continue to get the paper, and ISU and the squawks are not what i mean by local sports!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iron panther View Post
              Been a subscriber for over 20 years. The sports page really nosedived after nelson left. local articles are almost non existant and cant tell u the last time they published any local standings for high school or college. All the pro and AP sports stuff we already are getting blasted with on espn. The local sports are the only reason i continue to get the paper, and ISU and the squawks are not what i mean by local sports!!!
              from what I've heard, they really gutted their sports dept staff (including the person that did stuff like compiling the standings and whatnot).
              which, if their revenue was declining due to fewer people bothering with newspaper subscriptions, then they have to cut costs somewhere.
              but it seems like a losing battle, as there isn't really much of anything left to entice people to keep getting the paper anymore.

Comment

from what I've heard, they really gutted their sports dept staff (including the person that did stuff like compiling the standings and whatnot).
                which, if their revenue was declining due to fewer people bothering with newspaper subscriptions, then they have to cut costs somewhere.
                but it seems like a losing battle, as there isn't really much of anything left to entice people to keep getting the paper anymore.
                What you're describing is accurate and may become synonymous with UNI athletics. If the Panther ship isn't turned around we may become what has happened to the Courier.

Comment

• Might as well mention it since they're now officially official.

Murray is doing a $18M renovation of their arena that opened in 1998 (all new lower bowl seating, lighting, audio, video, club/event spaces, suites, food service).

They're also breaking ground on a $51M Athletic Performance Center that will provide 88,000 square feet of training, conditioning, weight, recovery and medical spaces to be shared by all sports. Will also include dining, nutrition, lounges and other amenities for all sports.

They'll also be doing smaller projects with their VB/WBB arena, baseball/softball facilities and football stadium.

Makes sense, Murry/Paducah is a thriving, wealthy metropolis and there definitely aren't other P5 schools in the state that have massive fan bases.

We'll announce a 25 year overdue Dome reno, or not, or maybe but whatever we do it has to be a closely guarded secret. We'll continue to let the McLeod Center look like the day it opened and not address anything so that it costs more to do it when we actually get to it which we probably won't for decades. Our athletes don't need nutrition spaces or recovery tech or top of the line training facilities.

We'll continue to 'Do More with Less' like it's some kind of badge of honor.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Over 10 local and UNI stories in the Courier in the last 48 hours.

Good call, AGAIN, folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We'll continue to 'Do More with Less' like it's some kind of badge of honor.
                      I’ve never understood why some are so proud of this. It’s a positive, sure, but the goal should never be to stay in a state of having less. If staying in that state is someone’s goal, then they have no right to ***** about being there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

I’ve never understood why some are so proud of this. It’s a positive, sure, but the goal should never be to stay in a state of having less. If staying in that state is someone’s goal, then they have no right to ***** about being there.
                        It was kind of cute when they used to use it to compare to Iowa and Iowa State but over time, and Dannen was the king, it trickled down to where they were using it for teams in our league.

We're now at the point where we have the worst facilities in the league other than Valpo. We lost the arms race because we didn't even try.
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Noted athletics powerhouse Tennessee Tech is doing $45M in upgrades to their football facilities 6 years after a $34M arena renovation and $3M renovation of football and softball facilities.

https://www.ttusports.com/general/20...20211111jsq90t

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eblen_Center_-_Volleyball.jpg?max_height=265&max_width=400.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	715360
                          #MACtion

Comment

• South Dakota State raised $42M in 2021 in athletics only donations.

https://gojacks.com/news/2022/1/21/g...t-in-2021.aspx
                            #MACtion

Comment

• South Dakota legislature approves $53M basketball arena reconstruction/renovation. Shovels in the ground the day after commencement in May, wing with four extra basketball floors (i.e Practice Facility) to be completed by fall 2023, full arena done in September 2024.

That's over $150M in projects completed since 2015.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Cedar Falls High School announces a $27M Tiger Performance Center.

https://tigerperformancecenter.com/

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/high-s...home-top-story

Comment

Working...
                                X