WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by English77 View Post
    Gary had a great sign-off tonight on KXEL. Happy retirement to a stellar play-by-play broadcaster.
    Is he not calling the Arch Madness or NCAA/NIT games?

Comment

• Yes, but he’s unsure of postseason, postgame airtime, so he did it tonight. Classy sign off—read about a 10-minute script (from the heart) and thanked a lot of people, especially Rick Hartzell.

Comment

• He absolutely buried Harris by the words on Hartzell and I'm SO here for it.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          He absolutely buried Harris by the words on Hartzell and I'm SO here for it.
          Now… you made me want to pull it up for a listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Now… you made me want to pull it up for a listen.
            It'll be archived on the varsity network app tomorrow. Totally worth the listen.
            #MACtion

Comment

• Does anyone have a copy they could link? Looks like they ran out of tape. Both Varsity Network and unipanthers.com end before postgame was over, which misses Gary’s send off. I’d really like to hear it!

Comment

• I think the model for replacing Rima is something like what Drake is doing. Put social media and video under a "Director of Creative Services" position with that person also calling football and men's basketball.
                Billy Dee says it's time to drop cable like a three-foot putt...

Comment

• Originally posted by ofpantherandman View Post
                  I think the model for replacing Rima is something like what Drake is doing. Put social media and video under a "Director of Creative Services" position with that person also calling football and men's basketball.
                  That is absolutely what should happen. Find our version of John Walters.

I don't see us spending anywhere near the money to get that done judging by what we've spent in other places. When your marketing director makes all of $34,000 a year it really makes it hard to see us spending double or triple that for a broadcaster/social media/audio-video person unless Learfield is picking up a ton of that tab.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by ofpantherandman View Post
                    I think the model for replacing Rima is something like what Drake is doing. Put social media and video under a "Director of Creative Services" position with that person also calling football and men's basketball.
                    Drake hired Michael Admire, who was formerly a sports reporter for WHO TV. I don’t know how much play by play experience he’d had, but he seems to have grown into the role. Find a similar young, up and coming guy in E Iowa or some other Learfield market and bring him in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Drake hired Michael Admire, who was formerly a sports reporter for WHO TV. I don’t know how much play by play experience he’d had, but he seems to have grown into the role. Find a similar young, up and coming guy in E Iowa or some other Learfield market and bring him in.
                      Josh Christensen.

He's the answer but I have no idea if he still has interest or not. He did initially after Rima announced this was it.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• If the role is beyond PxP and is a social media and some other stuff Josh would be great. As we talked about before though I think his interest was before he became the sports director for KMRY

Comment

• $750K donation from Martin Bros to Cedar Falls High School for their athletic center.

The local high school that is building literally hundreds of yards away from the Dome is out-fundraising UNI and our AD.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• We've hired a 22 year old kid that graduated in December to run all McLeod Center Operations and manage all outdoor facilities (soccer, track, tennis, softball).

#MACtion

Comment

We've hired a 22 year old kid that graduated in December to run all McLeod Center Operations and manage all outdoor facilities (soccer, track, tennis, softball).

https://unipanthers.com/news/2022/3/...ordinator.aspx
                              At least he will probably try ha

Comment

We've hired a 22 year old kid that graduated in December to run all McLeod Center Operations and manage all outdoor facilities (soccer, track, tennis, softball).

https://unipanthers.com/news/2022/3/...ordinator.aspx
                                With proper context...

"...Manderscheid already has years of experience in UNI Athletics with his work as a student employee and manager. A recent graduate of UNI, Manderscheid has been supervising student workers since 2019. He also has been a UNI Athletics facility assistant since June 2021. He is a native of Marion, Iowa."

Yes, he's young, but he has already been doing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X