WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    Not every departure suggests disarray.

People move on to other jobs for many reasons. Professional development and advancement. Or returning to the area they're from when they're raising a family.

Funny how quickly some want to paint the most negative picture possible.

​​​​​​We'll be ok.
    I'm reading back through this thread with today's news...and....I know I've said things that aged poorly but this is up there with any of my hot takes that ended up being nuclear waste.

Welcome to the bad take club.

Comment

• NOBODY TELL TULANE. They think they have to hire our AD, like a minor league promotion. They're a very stupid school, and they're falling for a con. Nobody even look in their direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
        NOBODY TELL TULANE. They think they have to hire our AD, like a minor league promotion. They're a very stupid school, and they're falling for a con. Nobody even look in their direction.
        I'm reading their forums and man did David sell himself well on paper by just having is name attached to failing project after failing project.

Their forums are going "Look at the practice facility he did for football! We don't even have that"
        - That facility is a single turf field that Mark Farley did 100% of the work on

"Look at the $70m capital campaign he is leading"
        - That was taken away from him because it's 7 years into it's 5 year plan and has barely $10m raised and half of that from a person that he didn't know even was alive. It was taken over by the university. The basketball practice facility has been completely cut from the project. Soccer had to GoFundMe locker rooms and plays on an intramural field. He ultimately allowed West Gym to fall into condemnation.

Comment

• Can we delete this thread, just in case there's any two Tulane boosters sniffing around? Lol

Comment

• Remember when David couldn't be assed to be at the announcement of the wrestling facility and Pete Morris did it because "he had travel conflicts"?

Wanna bet what those conflicts were?

Comment

• Originally posted by nadf View Post
              Can we delete this thread, just in case there's any two Tulane boosters sniffing around? Lol
              I don't think we have to worry about that, to be honest.

Once it gets that level of reporter on it it's done.

Also they had a chance to see this thread for years and ignored it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

I'm reading their forums and man did David sell himself well on paper by just having is name attached to failing project after failing project.

Their forums are going "Look at the practice facility he did for football! We don't even have that"
                - That facility is a single turf field that Mark Farley did 100% of the work on

"Look at the $70m capital campaign he is leading"
                - That was taken away from him because it's 7 years into it's 5 year plan and has barely $10m raised and half of that from a person that he didn't know even was alive. It was taken over by the university. The basketball practice facility has been completely cut from the project. Soccer had to GoFundMe locker rooms and plays on an intramural field. He ultimately allowed West Gym to fall into condemnation.
                Quiet, you.
                "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• To be fair, there was not a whole lot of love lost here when Dannen left and he had success at Tulane to earn a promotion to Washington. Maybe David can bottle some of that up as well. Plus he is a Louisiana native.

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post

The money they earn for that helps pay the rent on Robinson-Dresser
                    I know, good for them…

Comment

• Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                      To be fair, there was not a whole lot of love lost here when Dannen left and he had success at Tulane to earn a promotion to Washington. Maybe David can bottle some of that up as well. Plus he is a Louisiana native.
                      The no love lost with Dannen is/was he's just kind of a pompous prick slimeball rat. That isn't just UNI fans that thought that, that was every single AD that had to work with him when he was at the girls union.

The difference is that Dannen knew how to use that to his advantage and make things happen.

David has none of that. None of the charisma. None of the mentality to get donations. None of the mentality to be the face. None of the drive to think big.

Comment

• I guess the big question is "Do we have faith that they can bring in the right person to do this job?" I feel like the university is going to place the things David was good at to a premium and continue to neglect the fact that our athletics department can't raise money. It seems to me like that part of the job should be the most important. I think the parts David is great at can be handled by other roles in different ways. I just want to see us step up and do cool things again.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          I guess the big question is "Do we have faith that they can bring in the right person to do this job?" I feel like the university is going to place the things David was good at to a premium and continue to neglect the fact that our athletics department can't raise money. It seems to me like that part of the job should be the most important. I think the parts David is great at can be handled by other roles in different ways. I just want to see us step up and do cool things again.
                          That's a legitimate concern. But could it be worse than what we have now? I will bet if Farley isn't going to be AD, he will be on the search committee. Hopefully he will realize what we need in an AD and get them here.
                          "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• I think in an ideal world we get someone with a UNI connection, I don't exactly know what that has to be, but I think in order to sell UNI you have to truly feel it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

The no love lost with Dannen is/was he's just kind of a pompous prick slimeball rat.

certainly takes one to know one

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post

That's a legitimate concern. But could it be worse than what we have now? I will bet if Farley isn't going to be AD, he will be on the search committee. Hopefully he will realize what we need in an AD and get them here.
                                I like Hartzel at UIU. He's done it before and has ties to the area. My guess would be Farley will continue to coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X