WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    We lost an entire generation of UNI fans from 95-05
    how was an entire generation lost in that span?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      how was an entire generation lost in that span?
      Not being able to complete a pass for more than 6 yards in the air...

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

Not being able to complete a pass for more than 6 yards in the air...
        That was an issue during the 1995-2005 stretch with the likes of Ryan Helming and Eric Sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          That was an issue during the 1995-2005 stretch with the likes of Ryan Helming and Eric Sanders?
          People like me that we big fans in the 90s that were so turned off by the post 2007 crappy offense, stale game day production, and ticket price increases. We just drifted away, spending time and money with our new families elsewhere.

Comment

People like me that we big fans in the 90s that were so turned off by the post 2007 crappy offense, stale game day production, and ticket price increases. We just drifted away, spending time and money with our new families elsewhere.
            Agreed. Nobody is in a position to complain about attendance.

The product is stale and ticket prices are higher than some Iowa games.

extending Farley IMO was a mistake that will ripple for the next decade.
            Last edited by run&blade; 09-26-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

but my question was about the comment that a whole generation of panther fans were lost between 1995 and 2005

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

Agreed. Nobody is in a position to complain about attendance.

The product is stale and ticket prices are higher than some Iowa games.

extending Farley IMO was a mistake that will ripple for the next decade.
                I don't know how you do better than Farley unless you want to play roulette with guys that come and go every 4 or 5 years. It's great if it works but if you miss once, you're done and you never crawl out of the hole.

Plus, David is absolutely incapable of fundraising so Mark has to be here to get that done. Mark, by himself and on his own dime, got the practice facility and team room done.

And to answer Jay. Look at our crowds. The group that would have been in school from the mid-90s to mid-aughts are in their late 30s to mid 40s now. There is one group that just flat isn't there and it coincides with the horribly managed Retrevi years where they didn't reach out to students at all. We're repeating the same mistake right now.
                #MACtion

Comment

UNI athletics just posted a tweet soliciting non profit groups (free labor) to work concessions for the events this weekend.

Which tells you that they do not even have staff to work the events that start in 4 days.

Great work everyone.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    UNI athletics just posted a tweet soliciting non profit groups (free labor) to work concessions for the events this weekend.

Which tells you that they do not even have staff to work the events that start in 4 days.

Great work everyone.
                    I saw that and I literally laughed out loud. The incompetence is now being broadcast publicly.

In related news, there only appear to be about 10,000 tickets available for Saturday so should be one hell of a Homecoming atmosphere.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Great work everyone.
                      Using such groups to work concessions isn't a bad idea (and they've been doing it this way for years), as the non-profit group gets a share of the sales, so it works as a fundraiser for the group.

But yes, it would be better if they had this sort of thing lined up more than a week in advance for regularly scheduled events.
                      (of course, just about EVERY sort of business seems to have "help wanted"/hiring signs out, so why should concessions be any different?)

Comment

I don't know how you do better than Farley unless you want to play roulette with guys that come and go every 4 or 5 years. It's great if it works but if you miss once, you're done and you never crawl out of the hole.

Plus, David is absolutely incapable of fundraising so Mark has to be here to get that done. Mark, by himself and on his own dime, got the practice facility and team room done.

And to answer Jay. Look at our crowds. The group that would have been in school from the mid-90s to mid-aughts are in their late 30s to mid 40s now. There is one group that just flat isn't there and it coincides with the horribly managed Retrevi years where they didn't reach out to students at all. We're repeating the same mistake right now.
                        You may be pleasantly surprised by David's fundraising ability when a public announcement is made in a month or two about the Dome renovation project.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

You may be pleasantly surprised by David's fundraising ability when a public announcement is made in a month or two about the Dome renovation project.
                          I'm aware of what's coming. I'm also aware of where a lot of that money is coming from.

Color me skeptical but we're now also on 3 years of 'wait until you see the Dome plan in a couple of months...'
                          #MACtion

Comment

I'm aware of what's coming. I'm also aware of where a lot of that money is coming from.

Color me skeptical but we're now also on 3 years of 'wait until you see the Dome plan in a couple of months...'
                            I think he’d be surprised if he knew how much a few on this board know and how much it goes against his post.

Comment

Great work everyone.
                              They've used non-profit groups to staff concessions in the past.

It's a way for them to staff at low cost and the non-profit group gets paid.

It's not new.

It might be a bit harder to get groups signed up for this kind of thing given Covid.

Some folks need to temper the constant negativity.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

They've used non-profit groups to staff concessions in the past.

It's a way for them to staff at low cost and the non-profit group gets paid.

It's not new.

It might be a bit harder to get groups signed up for this kind of thing given Covid.

Some folks need to temper the constant negativity.
                                Posting for help? Not an issue - though given how many years it's been done and how many connections should already be established needing to beg on Twitter isn't exactly the most ideal set up

Having to do so 4 days before a game? That speaks volumes to a number of things.

I don't have a lot of hope for the athletic department, as a whole, moving forward over the next couple years. Jake isn't going to stick around forever even as much as we want to believe it, especially if **** goes downhill in the athletic department. He wanted out this summer. It's not a secret he was looking at jobs. It's not a secret he desperately wanted Minnesota. He has hit the end of his road here it feels like. We clearly don't have an AD that will go out and make a hire that would require any kind of budget so we will fall right back to the pre-Mac days. Once basketball goes our only outwardly known program that brings publicity to the school is toast and things drop rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X