WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't know how so many people can sit here, ignore the giant red flags happening all around the department and go 'this is fine' while the house burns down around them.

There is a crisis ahead if we don't get our administrative house in order like yesterday....
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Of course you ignore the numbers that I and someone else provided to you.

Hint it's tied to enrollment numbers.
      Lol. You are nuts. The west side is a wasteland of empty seats. Students didn’t sit there ever.

the south side of the dome use to have that huge grass lot full of tailgaters. Last Saturday had ZERO. they were not students, use to be full of families with tents, games, and grills.

I don’t care if they carpet the concourse in the dome. Nobody is coming if they don’t start winning (as in conference titles ).

the only positive I have seen in the last two years is they finally got rid of those damn paper straws. Those were awful.

most fans have moved on to other things and likely will not be coming back at $30+ a ticket no matter what. Harris has painted himself into a corner. Massive ticket prices, not winning, and the fear of just a bad game away from switching back to a QB that can’t throw a pass is the three headed monster of disgust.

I would let people bring their own snacks in, $30 is enough gouging.

I would let people leave the building at halftime and come back in. Wasn’t a big issue when they were winning.

and like somebody else suggested. Free tickets for recent grads.

btw the students showed up big time last Saturday. I seriously doubt actual butts in seats would have been 4,000 without them.
      Last edited by run&blade; 09-27-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Nuts, eh? Attendance waned by about 5% over the past few years, while student enrollment waned by over 22%. There's the tale of the tape for you, but, of course, the math may be a bit tough to grasp.
        I provided those numbers and yes, you are absolutely nuts. In the same period that student enrollment dropped by 22%, attendance dropped by 35%. 35% attendance drop is bigger than 22% enrollment drop, not to mention that the student attendance is only a portion of total attendance, so even if enrollment and attendance dropped by the same number, it would still hint at an issue.

I've not been around here long enough to determine if you are a troll or just bad at math, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the math is just tough to grasp for you and then ignore you going forward.

Comment

You provided a 35% number?! Where and when?

Disregard. I found it, but do find it strange that you only picked those years, as student enrollment declines, nationwide, have been going on longer than just 2016.
          I listed a good chunk of years and you are welcome to run the math on comparative decline as I did (I didn't post every piece, just the more recent to demonstrate that you had previously referenced the calculations incorrectly).
          Hint: It makes your narrative look even worse.

If you go back before 2016 you can see that there were years the average UNI Dome attendance actually exceeded school enrollment. That's not the case anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            UNI athletics just posted a tweet soliciting non profit groups (free labor) to work concessions for the events this weekend.

Which tells you that they do not even have staff to work the events that start in 4 days.

Great work everyone.
            I'm sure it's because of the HUGE crowd they are expecting. Coming off a bye week, the anticipation just can't be contained

Comment

Originally posted by Purple member View Post

I'm sure it's because of the HUGE crowd they are expecting. Coming off a bye week, the anticipation just can't be contained
              Which is a shame since this years team has a decent chance of exceeding preseason expectations. If Day shows some progress, this team could make some noise in the playoffs.

Comment

Super quick look through tickets available for Saturday and I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of 10,000 when you include the students.

No game notes out yet for Saturday.

Basketball practice starts tomorrow, media day is Monday and there is no media guide, no official schedule (the one we have seen from the department has us playing North Liberty and playing St Bonaventure in a town that doesn't exist), no uniform or hype video, no engagement, the mbb Twitter/Facebook accounts haven't posted anything since September 8th.
                #MACtion

Comment

Do we even play this week? what a joke. Good job destroying our athletic programs

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                    Do we even play this week? what a joke. Good job destroying our athletic programs
                    okay chicken little.
                    anyone with any desire to see whether or not we play this week has the ability to without a problem.
                    it is hardly "destroying our athletic program"

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      okay chicken little.
                      anyone with any desire to see whether or not we play this week has the ability to without a problem.
                      That's the ****ing problem Jay.

People shouldn't have to seek that information out. It should be all over their social media feeds and all over town. The burden shouldn't be on the fan to have to 'work' to follow UNI Athletics.

I have no idea how you don't see the problem here.
                      #MACtion

Comment

The proof is in attendance. Its down. Its down drastically. When we have less than 10k people in the building on Saturday for a Homecoming weekend, I would think that would be a wakeup call for everybody but I don’t suspect it will sadly, and this trend will continue. And our football team appears to be actually good, which makes this even sadder.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          okay chicken little.
                          Homecoming with 8k in attendance or whatever it will be will not be good. Call it whatever you want but it will be not good for the program

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That's the ****ing problem Jay.

People shouldn't have to seek that information out. It should be all over their social media feeds and all over town. The burden shouldn't be on the fan to have to 'work' to follow UNI Athletics.

I have no idea how you don't see the problem here.
                            Not to mention the players can literally get effing paid by marketing them. Create a profile to get kids here, I dont understand how we have screwed up so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Homecoming with 8k in attendance or whatever it will be will not be good. Call it whatever you want but it will be not good for the program
                              We ain't getting to 8k. Might be 8k on paper but there won't be 8k butts in seats.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We ain't getting to 8k. Might be 8k on paper but there won't be 8k butts in seats.
                                Didn't want to get accused of being too negative ha

Comment

Working...
                                X