WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    okay chicken little.
    anyone with any desire to see whether or not we play this week has the ability to without a problem.
    it is hardly "destroying our athletic program"
    Look around CFB dude. UNI is the only program that seems to have an issue coming up with things to put out more than once a week. No one else is having issues with social media content, game notes, ****ing anything else. Programs with a quarter of the history this program has, a quarter of the fan base, a quarter of the budget, etc. are putting out social media blasts multiple times a day trying to get engagement and build up hype. Uniform reveals done every single week because people love them, players love them, recruits love them.

None of that is happening here

There are 2 marketing positions open right now. There is a communication position open right now. Football doesn't have a ****ing SID and IT'S ****ING FOOTBALL SEASON. Do you not see all the signs of "holy **** there is something wrong here" or do you just look at each individual thing as it's own issue and fail to have the ridges on the brain to connect them? When a person is sick a doctor looks at all the symptoms and starts to piece it together to figure out something is wrong. The same thing is happening here.

The athletic department currently has about 1000 red flags coming out of it, but if you stand close enough to only one of them and go "well this flag isn't too bad" yet are so close to it you can't see all of the other flags of course you think there isn't any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Aside from a black AD, that has everyone in the Cedar Valley in apoplexy, and a football coach that gets blamed for bad weather, could you specify?
      What does his race have anything to do with it? I couldn't give a **** less about his race. Notice I've been speaking department wide as well

Why would you feel the need to bring up his race or single him out?

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Keep in mind: you called me a "semi-racist" before and I asked you if you've worked for civil rights for 26 years. Of course, you didn't reply.

So, why do I mention his race? Well, let's see. In the past few years in the Cedar Valley we've seen a black AD at UNI, a black mayor in Waterloo, and a black police chief in Waterloo. In ALL cases, we're suddenly in "crisis mode" with their leadership, white people are calling for their jobs, even though NOTHING negative has happened.

Hmm...I wonder what's at play, especially given the advent of Deuce and the 30 percenters, eh, folks?
        You are literally the first person to link three independent positions and place blame on them collectively.

Race of the person in any of those positions has no basis upon a person's ability to do the job effectively.

As many people have pointed out there is a big problem with the athletic department. I don't know where fault lies. Maybe it's David maybe not. Possibly root cause is higher up the chain. Does the President Nook foster positive atmosphere? We know money and budgets hinder growth.

Point is, no one other than FILY brought up race.

Comment

I don’t live in Waterloo. Hell, I don’t live in the Cedar Valley. I couldn’t tell you the name of the Waterloo Mayor or Police Chief, let alone what race they are. Last I knew the Police Chief in Waterloo was Tony Thompson, but it’s been a decade since I last looked at who it was. I can’t say Cedar Valley politics , especially a city I never lived in or have any actual connection too even when I lived in the CV, is high on my list of things to spread the few ****s I have around too.

Comment

We must have criticized Troy Dannen because he was black too.....

Wait...
            #MACtion

Comment

The worst part is we have a good business school. How the f do we get here? This would literally be a dream job for so many recent grads just to do the busy work. Then get a more experienced person to oversee. But whatever, all is fine. Leadership has it handled

Comment

One more note from me on this. High school athletics and activities do a much better job communicating via social media about upcoming events and marketing teams. I am fully aware that pay in K-12 is usually much better than higher education pay, though, and that might be the biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                  One more note from me on this. High school athletics and activities do a much better job communicating via social media about upcoming events and marketing teams. I am fully aware that pay in K-12 is usually much better than higher education pay, though, and that might be the biggest problem.
                  Literally every minor league sports org does a better job. And those are not well paying jobs, large budget operations ha

Comment

Nothing on the official UNI Athletics twitter feed mentioning the football game this Saturday -- not even a retweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by hediondo19 View Post
                      Nothing on the official UNI Athletics twitter feed mentioning the football game this Saturday -- not even a retweet.
                      People are supposed to have to work to find it. Ask Jay...

I don't know what they'll announce on Saturday but there won't be more than 5k there. There won't be a walk up crowd at all because it looks like its going to rain all day. Probably just leave attendance blank on the box score again.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I don't know what they'll announce on Saturday but there won't be more than 5k there. There won't be a walk up crowd at all because it looks like its going to rain all day. Probably just leave attendance blank on the box score again.
                        It is so baffling. There were a ton of tweets about the UNI Athletes in the paraolympics which is great but we somehow forgot about what actually makes us money. I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Such a shame.

Twitter isn’t hard to use. Probably would take less than 20 minutes of work for someone in the athletic department to have tweets pre-written and scheduled to post for everyday of the week advertising the first homecoming football game since 2019.

It costs nothing to do something like that.

Comment

• As a sucker for punishment I took a look at the Facebook and Twitter feeds of UNI Athletics and UNI Football to see what was being done for Saturday's game.

UNI Athletics:
                            Sep 29th - UNI seeking non-profit to work concessions including "this weeks homecoming game"
                            Sep 28th - UNI seeking non-profit to work concessions including "this weeks homecoming game"
                            Sep 28th - Welcome to the MVC Belmont
                            Sep 28th - UNI Men's Golf upcoming schedule
                            Sep 27th - UNI seeking non-profit to work concessions including "this weeks homecoming game"
                            Sep 27th - UNI Men's Golf in action today
                            Sep 26th - Sign up for the Men's Golf Fundraiser
                            Sep 23st - Last Call - Students sign up for the Fall Panther Soccar Challenge
                            Sep 21st - Students sign up for the Fall Panther Soccar Challenge
                            Sep 18th - Thank you to the Anthem Buddies
                            Sep 17th - Get to know UNI Football's Demarcus Governor
                            Sep 16th - We are back in the dome. Catch up on our gameday experience

UNI Football:
                            Sep 28th - Purple Out for Youngstown State
                            Sep 27th - New practice field making an impact
                            Sep 27th - Farley press conference
                            Sep 27th - Homecoming post - Get out to the game
                            Sep 25th - Team photo from the dome
                            Sep 19th - United Way donation for first downs
                            Sep 19th - Got it done in the dome

UNI Athletics Twitter
                            Sep 29th - Concessions post
                            Sep 28th - Volleyball White Out
                            Sep 28th - Belmont welcome
                            Sep 28th - Concessions post
                            Sep 28th - Golf schedule
                            Sep 27th - Coaches press conference
                            Sep 27th - Golf in action today
                            Sep 27th - Concessions post
                            Sep 26th - Golf fundraiser
                            Sep 23rd - When you realize there is no game this week

UNI Football Twitter
                            Sep 28th - Purple out for YSU
                            Sep 28th - Farley press conference
                            Sep 23rd - When you realize there is no game this week

Note that I did not include retweets of someone else's tweet like the volleyball team as there were a few of those from UNI Athletics. No hype and frankly no effort to promote. Purple used for content directly aimed at promoting the homecoming game. I mean it's just homecoming and there is usually things going on during the week leading up to the game that could be used to draw people in and such but what do I know.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Looking specifically at the 'Purple out for YSU' tweet.

- No link to purchase tickets.
                              - Someone made a pretty good looking graphic showcasing two purple shirts, no mention of where someone could get a shirt if they wanted one.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                                The worst part is we have a good business school. How the f do we get here? This would literally be a dream job for so many recent grads just to do the busy work. Then get a more experienced person to oversee. But whatever, all is fine. Leadership has it handled
                                Seems that we could find a way to link some social media work with course assignments and get a lot more promotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X