WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    It's the most favorable schedule that I can remember in recent history.

6 home games (!) including 4 weeks in a row in October

9/17-Sacramento State
    10/1-Indiana State
    10/8-Illinois State
    10/15-Missouri State
    10/22-Dixie State
    11/5-South Dakota State

Great year to promote the living hell out of tailgating and get that scene back and going.
    Seriously. They should be promoting the home games for '22 NOW.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Seriously. They should be promoting the home games for '22 NOW.
      We can't promote the game for THIS Saturday.

I'll drop a positive though. You can tell Michelle is back, the video production has improved about 27 times over already.
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We can't promote the game for THIS Saturday.

I'll drop a positive though. You can tell Michelle is back, the video production has improved about 27 times over already.
        I got a 20% off coupon in the email for it (PSC), fwiw.
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• I've seen the "Black Out" post on Facebook a few times over the last couple of days. It's not much but better than what I've seen so far this year.

On video quality - The intro video for the team is pretty darn cool this year. Why isn't that all over social media?
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
            I'll take these 6 games without having to watch a NDSU game where they fill the dome and the tailgating lots.
            hey, people were complaining about low attendance and fewer tailgaters. those fargonads are just trying to help with that

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              hey, people were complaining about low attendance and fewer tailgaters. those fargonads are just trying to help with that

At this point, I think the AD would very much appreciate the influx of ticket, parking, and concession sales that comes with a Bison game.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

At this point, I think the AD would very much appreciate the influx of ticket, parking, and concession sales that comes with a Bison game.
                The conference sets the schedule.

What is this debate even about?
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• I don't think there's any debate about NDSU not being on the schedule other than from a revenue standpoint the athletic department would welcome them coming to town since they aren't inspiring UNI fans to attend.

It isn't great what's going on...i tailgated from noon to 4 before the SD game...went to head in about the middle of the 1st quarter...things were already looking bad...and the number of bodies in the dome and our play was disappointing. got told i had to pay for a premium seat...said no thanks and went back to the parking lot. I had a lot of fun tailgating...catching up with old friends...making some new ones but they really needs some butts in the seats type pricing on walk up tickets...i know they have the kids club and the redzone seats...but they got to figure out a way to get a walk up crowd.

it really is time for a change at AD...how long is David under contract?

Comment

• The only question that matters... does Mark Nook care? I don't know the answer, but I don't see any signs that he cares either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                      The only question that matters... does Mark Nook care? I don't know the answer, but I don't see any signs that he cares either way.
                      He's been here for 4 years and I can't think of single impactful thing he's done that hasn't originated as an idea from the BOR so I'm kind of guessing that's why he got hired in the first place.

I'm not sure that he really does care and, if he does, I don't think he'd act on it anyway.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                        The only question that matters... does Mark Nook care? I don't know the answer, but I don't see any signs that he cares either way.
                        I am a season ticket holder for women's basketball and the Nooks sit a few rows below me and attend every game. I saw them at the last volleyball match too.

Comment

• Nook has been visibly and vocally supportive of athletics since the day he got the job.

​​​​​
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                            Nook has been visibly and vocally supportive of athletics since the day he got the job.

​​​​​
                            He has been. Going to games and being the rah-rah guy is easy, except for our Athletic Director, but as far as backing it up? The only two projects that have gotten done in his time were both done completely by Farley.

Literally everyone in the Valley not named Valpo is lapping us in facilities and investments right now.
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Apparently, we'll never learn.

Here are single game basketball ticket prices for 2021-22--
                              201-22 UNI Men's Basketball
                              Single Game Prices
                              TIER 1
                              TIER 2
                              106, 108
                              113, 115
                              TIER 3
                              101-105
                              TIER 4
                              Non-Conference $35 $25 $15 $10
                              Conference Games $40 $30 $20 $15
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Iowa State's average ticket price is $77 and Iowa's average is around $89, so maybe not horrible, but still too high to get walk-up business on gameday from locals. I continue to be astounded that fans are staying home and watching events on TV, so the response from university athletic departments is to make games too cost-prohibitive to attend. Shooting themselves in the foot.
                                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                                - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                                X