WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    Hopefully they still do the student section tickets for $5-10 to general public.

those got a lot of walk up sales
    $10 for non league games, $15 for league games.

That's a really nice price point to get people in the door.

That part they're doing right.

It's the PSC donation piece that you have to be careful with in the chairbacks.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

I don't recall that ever being a thing...so I am going to say they don't
      Its usually for the home games over winter break.

Comment

• Just a question that popped into my mind...

What effect over the last 15 years does everybody think that the completely empty corporate seats in prime sections has had? The original seating of the building was obviously not done well and not well reasoned and then it was never corrected.

Outside of the Deerys, the very best seats were never actually used. and, frankly, giving big time donors that many seats close to the floor was destined to be a failure anyway just simply because, outside of the blue bloods and pros, big time donors and sponsors don't use comp tickets.

It's caused the building to look bad on TV and devalued the product. It's hard to put a number on it but it just seems to be the case.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Just a question that popped into my mind...

What effect over the last 15 years does everybody think that the completely empty corporate seats in prime sections has had? The original seating of the building was obviously not done well and not well reasoned and then it was never corrected.

Outside of the Deerys, the very best seats were never actually used. and, frankly, giving big time donors that many seats close to the floor was destined to be a failure anyway just simply because, outside of the blue bloods and pros, big time donors and sponsors don't use comp tickets.

It's caused the building to look bad on TV and devalued the product. It's hard to put a number on it but it just seems to be the case.
          That's been discussed here before. Yeah, it looks bad on TV.

Frankly, so do the shots during FB games that are - with the exception of low-angle, hand-held shots from the UNI sideline - always from the East side. Put a damn camera on the West side to show the home crowd, to show the UNI students, to show the UNI band. It can even be a mounted wide-angle shot if nothing else, but something that the director can punch to to show that there are UNI fans in the building.

Also, from the stationary wide-angle shot from above from the East side, there are spots in the turf that look like skid-marks (down by Keokuk, in the logo mid-field). It is just from that one camera shot and not present from other cameras, so it not coloring in the turf but rather how the turf lies there and how light is reflecting. But that is always the establishing shot pre-game and a commonly used shot throughout the game ... and it looks like skid marks in the turf in southern Iowa.

But I digress.

Back to basketball. Yeah, it looks bad to see the prime seats empty nearly every game. Someone here suggested trying to figure out a way to see if those would actually be used and if not, pull some people from the crowd to put there. Personally, I would go for loud, enthusiastic students to put in them. But it would take a lot of coordination with corporate sponsors who, frankly, deserve those seats even if they walk in ten minutes into the second half.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Just a question that popped into my mind...

Its a good point. Because no matter what, we have the same 3k or so diehards that go to every game and have for 20 years. Why not give those tickets to those people? The seats behind the benches and center court on each side would look nearly full.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Weren't they already supposed to be doing that? If people weren't using the tickets, they were getting pulled for the corporate seats? I agree though that it is time to redo that and any corporate seats that are not used at least 50% of the time are put back into the seating pool.
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Re-seating happened about 3 years ago. The corporate blocks did get moved around & I think were cut into smaller pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Its a good point. Because no matter what, we have the same 3k or so diehards that go to every game and have for 20 years. Why not give those tickets to those people? The seats behind the benches and center court on each side would look nearly full.
                  Us diehards that go to basketball games support the teams as much as we can. I simply don't give as much as a car dealer from Waterloo, or Independence etc. The best seats go to the highest donors. It's been suggested before but doesn't seem to happen, the hi dollar donors need to give those tix to someone that may use them. Buy a new car, here's four tix to Saturday game. Employee of the month, here are some tix.

But yes, the big donors were limited on how many they could purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

Us diehards that go to basketball games support the teams as much as we can. I simply don't give as much as a car dealer from Waterloo, or Independence etc. The best seats go to the highest donors. It's been suggested before but doesn't seem to happen, the hi dollar donors need to give those tix to someone that may use them. Buy a new car, here's four tix to Saturday game. Employee of the month, here are some tix.

But yes, the big donors were limited on how many they could purchase.
                    They were limited but the limits were WAY too high. Deere and HyVee both took entire rows of the middle sections.

I agree in principal with 'here's some tickets' but in practice they either don't do it or the people they are giving tickets to don't give a ****. There's not an easy way to figure out ticket allocation and seating but actually using them has to factor in somewhere.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Great... UNI MBB Media Day is the same day/time as Iowa Wrestling. Granted, should be different beat reporters.... But the general reporters, columnists, TV, etc. all had to make a decision. And lots of mojo behind Hawkeye Wrestling right now.

Comment

• I will say... There has been a very nice uptick in the amount of UNI athletics I've seen on social media the last few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          I will say... There has been a very nice uptick in the amount of UNI athletics I've seen on social media the last few days.
                          Thank Michelle VanDorn

Comment

That's season tickets when you factor in donations.

I can go on Iowa's website right now and get tickets to see Michigan State or Illinois for $25 two thirds of the way up at the free throw line.

The parquet level in Ames is sold out but it looks like I can get lower corners for Kansas or Baylor for $30.

Why on earth am I paying the same price for similar seats to see Wartburg or paying more to see Valpo?

I think the only lower level tickets available in Ames for men's basketball are during the holiday break as they offer seats in the student section for the public to purchase.

It looks like Hilton Coliseum season tickets are at least 90% sold out.

Here is an interesting note along the lines of what some are suggested should be done in Cedar Falls:

"The Iowa State Athletics Department is offering several great family ticket promotions this season. Take advantage of the double-header deal... purchase a regular-priced men's basketball ticket and get a complimentary ticket to the women's game... Pick-Your-Price for the Chicago State game (Tuesday, Dec. 21), tickets in special sections can be purchased for as low as $4.00 and the Incredibly ridiculous limited time ticket offer – beginning at 8 AM on Nov. 8 for just 8 hours fans can purchase half-priced 200 level [side] tickets. These ticket promotions will only be available while supplies last. Click here for a complete listing of ticket options."

Last edited by UNIdad; 10-28-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

I think the only lower level tickets available in Ames for men's basketball are during the holiday break as they offer seats in the student section for the public to purchase.

It looks like Hilton Coliseum season tickets are at least 90% sold out.

Here is an interesting note along the lines of what some are suggested should be done in Cedar Falls:

"The Iowa State Athletics Department is offering several great family ticket promotions this season. Take advantage of the double-header deal... purchase a regular-priced men's basketball ticket and get a complimentary ticket to the women's game... Pick-Your-Price for the Chicago State game (Tuesday, Dec. 21), tickets in special sections can be purchased for as low as $4.00 and the Incredibly ridiculous limited time ticket offer – beginning at 8 AM on Nov. 8 for just 8 hours fans can purchase half-priced 200 level [side] tickets. These ticket promotions will only be available while supplies last. Click here for a complete listing of ticket options."
                              We're doing that. You can get the first 3 men's games, along with the women's game against Iowa, for $20.

We just don't promote it very well.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

Thank Michelle VanDorn
                                Big Yes.

And, I sooooo hope she is reading this thread. Seriously. This place should be a resource for the AD.
                                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                                X