WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State to make 'significant financial announcement' on Thursday morning. The internet rumor is a naming rights deal for JQH Arena for 'well into 8 figures'.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      Missouri State to make 'significant financial announcement' on Thursday morning. The internet rumor is a naming rights deal for JQH Arena for 'well into 8 figures'.
      Anyone know how long the naming rights deal was for Clark McLeod? Hopefully it wasn't for more than 20 years... I think it was only a $4 million gift or something like that. Which, was really nice and important at the time, but doesn't go very far these days.

Comment

• Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there was a contract for naming rights, it was named after McLeod because it was the largest donation.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
          Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there was a contract for naming rights, it was named after McLeod because it was the largest donation.
          Then I'm all for the John Deere Dome and the Casey's Center, with the attached Fareway Basketball Performance Center.

Comment

• I think we could call it the Casey's McLeod Center, but personally I would prefer the Kwik Star/Trip McLeod Center

Comment

• Let's get Speed to donate some of that Cookie's barbeque sauce money.

I'm half joking, but I do wonder if these companies have even been approached?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                Let's get Speed to donate some of that Cookie's barbeque sauce money.

I'm half joking, but I do wonder if these companies have even been approached?
                You would think so

but

With the way this athletic department seems to have been going the last few years? Who knows. Though I'd still like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That's the biggest thing that all of us "kickers ands screamers" are trying to get across when we talk about every other regional peer school somehow finding tens to hundreds of millions of dollars to upgrade/build facilities. It's not that these communities have access to Forturne 500 companies that UNI can't dream of having. There are a hell of a lot of local/Iowa based/UNI alumni run large businesses. Hell, it's not even that it needs to be tied to UNI, getting your name on something is getting your name on something to these companies.

Comment

• I know that Sukup is a major Iowa State donor, but you would think the fact that Seth Tuttle is from Sheffield where they are located they might throw a little cash our way.

I read that when fundraising for the McLeod Center President Koob and Eldon Miller (who was a former coach at the time) went door to door asking for donations. Sometimes people just want to be asked.

Comment

Missouri State to make 'significant financial announcement' on Thursday morning. The internet rumor is a naming rights deal for JQH Arena for 'well into 8 figures'.
                    Appears to be from Great Southern Bank for around $25M for 8 years.

Too bad we don't have any large financial institutions with $6B in assets 7 miles from campus. Can't be done here.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Appears to be from Great Southern Bank for around $25M for 8 years.

Too bad we don't have any large financial institutions with $6B in assets 7 miles from campus. Can't be done here.
                      I was gonna add to the bit, but then I realized we're almost certainly not thinking about the same group. Who are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I was gonna add to the bit, but then I realized we're almost certainly not thinking about the same group. Who are you talking about?
                        Veridian.

Way too far from the Dome to Ansborough to ask them though...
                        #MACtion

Comment

Veridian.

Ah okay, I thought that you were talking about Farmer's State Bank. Which in no way has 6 billion dollars. But does have a much snazzier building.

So wait then, that's actually two banks headquartered in the Waterloo that either we haven't asked or doesn't want to give us money, the latter being much less likely.

Comment

Veridian.
                            can anyone provide any examples of a CREDIT UNION buying naming rights to any athletic venue?
                            I know BANKS do it all the time, but banks and credit unions aren't the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              can anyone provide any examples of a CREDIT UNION buying naming rights to any athletic venue?
                              I know BANKS do it all the time, but banks and credit unions aren't the same thing.
                              The Kings play in Golden1 Center (naming rights owned by Golden1 Credit Union). Idaho just opened Idaho Central Credit Union Arena. Albany, NY just opened the State Employees Credit Union Center. UCF plays in the CFE Arena (CFE Credit Union). Arizona State Hockey and the Arizona Coyotes play in the Mountain America CU Center.

Hell, soon to be league member UIC plays in Credit Union 1 Arena.

Here's a bunch more... https://www.cutimes.com/2014/01/09/w...20220321093600
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego was known as SDCCU Stadium for the last years of it's life.

In Coralville, GreenState CU has the naming rights to the field house connected to Xtream Arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X