WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
    Does anyone know where to find how much the AD spent to send the band to St. Louis and Moline in a recent year? And how much it would cost to send them to the NCAA tournament should either team make it?
    Ncaa tournament would be covered by the NCAA

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
      Does anyone know where to find how much the AD spent to send the band to St. Louis and Moline in a recent year? And how much it would cost to send them to the NCAA tournament should either team make it?
      In regard to an athletic budget of 18-20 million dollars?

About what the rest of us have floating around in change in the middle console of our cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
        A by-product of pep bands not traveling to St Louis is the regular season pep band will disintegrate.
        I've heard many pep band members participate based upon the incentive of a free trip to St Louis. Without that trip many band members will not participate throughout the year.
        Exactly. I said the same thing to my folks last night. This just really stinks.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• I'd be fine with disbanding the marching band performances at football games (since this is a thread on the football forum)
          Though admittedly, that's more just my personal preference. And I'm able to cope by not coming into the Dome until sometime between just before the anthem and the team coming out; as well as bringing earplugs for halftime.

Comment

• Pep band actually adds something. The marching band can rot....
            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
              Any way David isn't here in 3 years? Wishful thinking I know
              Even if he isn't, the university may just hire someone who will be more of the same.
              "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• Can’t believe you guys are getting so worked up about the band…

Comment

• Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post
                  Can’t believe you guys are getting so worked up about the band…
                  It's another symptom of a much larger problem.
                  "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post

It's another symptom of a much larger problem.
                    I suppose, but those much larger problems are much more concerning. I would really like a candid statement on the financial health of the university and where it stands with the Regents and the state’s priorities. UNI gets the short end of the stick. I’d be willing to bet that a lot of the Republican legislature would eliminate the school entirely.

Comment

I suppose, but those much larger problems are much more concerning. I would really like a candid statement on the financial health of the university and where it stands with the Regents and the state’s priorities. UNI gets the short end of the stick. I’d be willing to bet that a lot of the Republican legislature would eliminate the school entirely.
                      Kim Reynolds said as much in a meeting with UNI students ~10 yrs ago. In her opinion, if a school isn't generating the $$$ that others did then the necessity of that schools funding was subject to questioning. Didn't appreciate the pushback she got about why she was in favor of cutting funding for a school that overwhelmingly educated Iowans and whose graduates who STAYED in Iowa, but schools with inverse metrics should be given larger pieces of the pie.

Oh well, ironically she's still in Iowa and I'm not, so I guess she got the last laugh on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by panther-state View Post

Kim Reynolds said as much in a meeting with UNI students ~10 yrs ago. In her opinion, if a school isn't generating the $$$ that others did then the necessity of that schools funding was subject to questioning. Didn't appreciate the pushback she got about why she was in favor of cutting funding for a school that overwhelmingly educated Iowans and whose graduates who STAYED in Iowa, but schools with inverse metrics should be given larger pieces of the pie.

Oh well, ironically she's still in Iowa and I'm not, so I guess she got the last laugh on that one.

Please, let’s not get into politics on this site…. Especially when the information being presented is not entirely accurate. Thank you.

Comment

Can’t believe you guys are getting so worked up about the band…
                          It's not JUST about the band, it's about the whole game day experience/environment. It's about providing the best opportunities for our student athletes and the best atmosphere and effort for our fans/donors that invest in the program by showing up, traveling, donating, etc. It's also about perception. When you can't send your pep band to a big conference tournament, how does that get perceived to recruits, donors, other people in the league, etc.? It's about morale. I help manage a national company and the last couple of years, especially, morale has been a big part of my daily focus. It matters.

This is a bummer of a situation/decision.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Yep. The politics stuff stops here.

Thanks y'all!
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Yep. The politics stuff stops here.

Thanks y'all!
                              so in summary:
                              complaining about the AD and their handling of the budget situation = encouraged, practically required
                              complaining about the governor and their handling of UNI's funding situation = forbidden

Comment

• Tough day for UNI fund raising.

Click image for larger version

Name:	315841233_550092947127676_1056876343639167724_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=9mnkE3YLq_EAX-WXS0t&tn=K8sMego5-CD3pheO&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfDjBDQRtYRXqxMO2y65K7-rT9KbXR8Wkg-Acle
Views:	556
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	725004
                                Contrasted with...

Cedar Falls Schools and Cedar Falls Athletics are excited to announce the One Team, One Dream Giving Tuesday Campaign results and updates on the project fundraising.
                                Thank you to all our #tigerpride donors - past, present and future! We are One Team, One Dream!

The SCHEELS Tiger Performance Center (TPC) received $45,350 in donations and pledges during the Giving Tuesday campaign, this includes the anonymous donor who initiated the matching funds. The total fundraised since inception is $4,083,667. For the TPC Phase One goal, $5 million is needed for the District to bid the project in spring 2023. Thank you for your incredible support!

The Cedar Falls Community Natatorium (Pool) received $86,635 in donations and pledges during the Giving Tuesday campaign, this includes the anonymous donor who initiated the matching funds. The natatorium is a partnership between the Cedar Falls School District, the City of Cedar Falls and the community - coordinated by the Jump In volunteer committee. The Jump In committee has raised $2,663,713 of community contributions which includes the Giving Tuesday funds. Jump In’s community goal is $3.3 million so $636,287 from the community is still needed in order to proceed with construction for the final phase of the project (phase 2). Phase 1 construction of the Natatorium has been approved by the Cedar Falls Board of Education. Thank you for your incredible support!​
                                So just to be clear this is not purely an athletics problem. It is a university wide problem where the CF schools can raise ~$132K in one day and the university can only raise $38K.
                                If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Working...
                                X