WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2- at Sacramento State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, if we could just get Cook to recapture his freshmen season magic we'd be all set. He's gone from automatic in 2019 to "frustratingly inconsistent" in 2021 to put it nicely. I would've believed you if you told me he'd go down as the UNI pts leader and all-time #1 kicker after his freshmen year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
      Stop. Running. The. Option. With. Passing. QBs.
      FWIW, Day is more than capable as a runner. He ran for something like 1800 yards in HS.

Comment

• "Something, something, call holding both ways, *grumble*, *grumble*"

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
          Why the hell did we go for 2?
          Simple math

Up 25
          Going up 26 doesn't change what the other team needs should it fall apart and they come back
          Going up 27 does change it.

Comment

• I don't know when the last time we scored 4 TDs in a qtr was, but if Day isn't the starter next week there might be a torch and pitchfork march on MF's house.
            And the defense has looked so much better in the second half, knowing they don't have to win the game entirely on their own.
            ​​​​​​
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post
              loos like a total diff team with Day at QB
              you could say that the difference in our offense is.... night and Day

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                If Day doesn't start. Cedar Falls might riot
                nah, that would require more people in Cedar Falls that actually pay attention to UNI football

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  you could say that the difference in our offense is.... night and Day
                  Love it!
                  Good night.

Comment

• ESPN listing 0 fumbles for either team in the box score

I think we all know the big story is Day, but Williams and McShane both avg 6+ ypc. 219 yards on the ground and 3 TD's. It's been a long time since we've dominated in the running game like that. We finally got Weston involved and he had 92 yds on 3 catches. Imagine what happens with him, Hampton and McShane during a full game instead of a single quarter. It should be a crime to not get Deion McShane more than 6 yds of offense.

Still not thrilled with giving up 340 yds passing but 3 picks and no TD's allowed in the air makes it easier to swallow. There was also a clear difference in our defensive mentality and execution in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                      Simple math

Up 25
                      Going up 26 doesn't change what the other team needs should it fall apart and they come back
                      Going up 27 does change it.
                      and perhaps letting the players get some experience running a 2-pt conversion play in a game situation, in case we need to attempt one in a more crucial situation later in the season

Comment

• Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                        And the defense has looked so much better in the second half, knowing they don't have to win the game entirely on their own.
                        ​​​​​​
                        I said the exact same thing to a couple people when Sac was getting yards late in the game - the drive that led to Mark calling a TO because of how porous the D looked at that point - and I said "The yards happening now are because this is the first time in a decade the defense hasn't been tight butthole the entire game thinking they have to make the play to win the game". They got their asses chewed during that TO, I assume, and they picked it back up. We can talk about how different the offense looked, and they did. They played faster and just had more life. However, the same is true for the defense. That first drive had those two throws and ended in a TD and you could see that defense physically feel the 8 ton elephant come off their shoulders and they started flying around because they knew they weren't going to have to hold Sac to 3 points, 6 if really lucky, in the second half to walk out of there with a win.

Comment

• When is the last time we scored 4 touchdowns on 4 straight possessions? And could have scored on 5 straight possessions but cook stayed in cedar falls for this one. I’m glad we made a change instead of doing the same thing expecting different results. Nice to see some rushing yards. Go Panthers!

Comment

• You could feel the defense breathe. It was a really nice change.

Going to have to balance getting Day reps next week with making sure you get some guys out before they get hurt.

#MACtion

Comment

• Man! I'm pissed... We would be undefeated and ranked about #4 if we play the correct people. No reason to concede any game. Go 10-1 and play at home in the playoffs. Yes, we need W's in Fargo and Brookings. That's what it will take to finally win the National Title that should have materialised in 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                                Man! I'm pissed... We would be undefeated and ranked about #4 if we play the correct people. No reason to concede any game. Go 10-1 and play at home in the playoffs. Yes, we need W's in Fargo and Brookings. That's what it will take to finally win the National Title that should have materialised in 2005.
                                You spelled 1985 wrong...
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X