WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game III: St Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally have nothing against St. Thomas, and I have no bad feelings towards you USTBench, but to me it is important for UNI to completely dominate this game by a score of something like 62-7. Why? Recruiting, it is clear as day that once the Dakota schools moved up to FCS recruiting for UNI in the twin cities got a heck of a lot harder. Now with one in the twin cities that could be really hard. Although I do have to ask is your eventual plan to go scholarship for football?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
      I personally have nothing against St. Thomas, and I have no bad feelings towards you USTBench, but to me it is important for UNI to completely dominate this game by a score of something like 62-7. Why? Recruiting, it is clear as day that once the Dakota schools moved up to FCS recruiting for UNI in the twin cities got a heck of a lot harder. Now with one in the twin cities that could be really hard. Although I do have to ask is your eventual plan to go scholarship for football?
      I think there is a misconception that UST is just aiming to flagship basketball or hockey and be satisfied. While they're absolutely going build those programs (rumor is they're building a new hockey arena in collaboration with the Wilfs and basketball has already landed a Top 100 recruit over Kansas and Stanford), football has been the "hood ornament" for UST, athletically, with the rivalry with St. John's and National Championship appearances. UST's endowment allows it to do a lot things that most schools just don't see as feasible (such as starting a law school in a saturated market and forcing Hamline and William Mitchell to combine law schools, or jumping from D3 to D1 when it was not permitted by the NCAA until UST petitioned to make it so).

I think since UST is in the Summit with the Dakota schools, and Youngstown is most likely going to bail for the OVC (and since the Pioneer and MVFC share a commissioner) I could see UST either committing to a long term lease with the Minnesota Loons or building a Stony Brook-like urban stadium and attempting to move to the MVFC in 5 to 7 years. UST is a bit landlocked so there will be an emphasis on facilities and finding creative solutions with their limited space or accumulating real estate.

It's a process, but UST has brought in a lot of experience in their Athletic Department from the Big 10 and their ability to fundraise is next level.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Whatever you say, ban.basketball

Can't get one by you, can we? ​ I also used my personal e-mail with one of my accounts so I'm not exactly anonymous, but here I am stirring the pot anyway.

Comment

Now let’s hope Day and the rest of the offense can live up to what we are now expecting from them after one really good quarter of football from them last Saturday night.

Comment

St Thomas game notes with 2-deep
            St. Thomas Football (1-0) faces its toughest test of its season in week two as No. 15-ranked FCS power Northern Iowa (1-1) plays host to the Tommies Saturday Sept. 18 at 4 p.m. in the UNI-Dome.

Comment

Originally posted by jamtod View Post
              It is rare when I can actually listen to a terrestrial radio broadcast of a game. I used to be able to pick up the UNI broadcasts over the air when I lived in Eagan, on a clear night, out walking the dog. Thanks, jamtod.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

My parents are in the Carroll area and I bring the kids down in late October (MEA) to help my dad with harvest every year. With the strong tractor antenna at the right time of day, I could pickup the St Thomas games on Saturday afternoon on 830WCCO loud and clear. With the move to 1500SKOR-ESPN I don't think I'll have that range anymore.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Can't get one by you, can we? ​ I also used my personal e-mail with one of my accounts so I'm not exactly anonymous, but here I am stirring the pot anyway.
                  I have no access to your email address. How would I?

nice to see your dumb enough to put yourself though at the first sign of being called on it

Comment

nice to see your dumb enough to put yourself though at the first sign of being called on it
                    "nice to see your dumb enough"

I'll just let this little gem speak for itself.

UNI football fan bad...VERY BAD!
                    Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 09-17-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I figured we'd know it was them this whole time? Right? Pretty obvious from the start.

Just wish we could finally lay down the ban hammer

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

I figured we'd know it was them this whole time? Right? Pretty obvious from the start.

Just wish we could finally lay down the ban hammer
                        UNI football fan bad...VERY BAD!
                        Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 09-17-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

You aren't a football fan.

You don't go to games. You won't pay for ESPN+ and watch the games. You don't know the scores of games.

You are someone who hates the basketball program and trolls around the football program in an attempt to make your points.

Too chicken **** to continue using your original screen name that you've had to hide who you are, poorly, because everyone saw how dumb you were.

Comment

Everyone, please stop responding to him.

He doesn't have the insight into his own self to accept your statements and all of the rest of us already understand him.

Everyone needs to stop engaging with him.

Comment

You don't go to games. You won't pay for ESPN+ and watch the games. You don't know the scores of games.

You are someone who hates the basketball program and trolls around the football program in an attempt to make your points.

Too chicken **** to continue using your original screen name that you've had to hide who you are, poorly, because everyone saw how dumb you were.
                              Don't need to watch the football games. I get the results on here, just by looking at the size of the game day thread after the game.

Hate basketball? Nah, I used to play the sport in high school and love UNI basketball. I'm just fascinated by collective false perceptions, which get demonstrated on here with precision.

When it comes to rasslin, however, I'm an over two decade season ticket holder, so you're right again.

As for the other screen name, ask the mods who practick cancel culture, and that which panther state is advocating for, why that name couldn't be used. A-ha moment hits...NOW!
                              Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 09-18-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Yep. Just ignore my positive posts about UNI football, UNI football "fans!"

Comment

Working...
                                X