WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game IV:Youngstown State(Homecoming)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
    Anyone know the last time UNI scored over 30 points in the first half of a game?
    11/25/2017. first round playoff "game" hosting Monmouth. Was 33-0 at halftime.

Comment

Fun day today on the field. Real fun.

We can put the other issues aside for a night and enjoy this one. Panther football is back y'all...
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years
        Just looked to verify...34-7! Pretty good win, clenz, AD Panther, 54panther21, and run and gun, eh, folks?!
        Mark, you really should give it a rest. Get some sleep. YOU have a big week ahead.

Comment

I noticed a TE wearing #45 playing quite a bit last night.

Was that the freshman...Lane Pryor...who's listed as 45 on the roster?

Or have they changed some numbers?
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

O-line looked great! That run/pass balance was nice to see. Day had a clean pocket most the day and allowed him to really take his time to pick apart that D. Next week will really go to show how good this team is. As long as we clean up stupid mistakes and penalties I think we have a good shot at knocking off NDSU. It was really nice to see such a strong performance after last weeks struggles vs a much lesser opponent.

Comment

Just a great day overall yesterday. 8,871 in the house, officially, and that number did not look inflated. Yes, it needs to be higher, and yes, Iowa’s playing Friday night didn’t hurt, but I was pleased that the crowd was energized and got to watch a good product on the field. Tailgating was spectacular in terms of the weather and the friendliness of the fans, and the Alumni Association had a ton of pretty good giveaways. Other than a snoozer of a second half, it was a spectacular homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Ah, now THIS is fun! In a past life I was Brad Penrith, Brad Penrith's wife, and several others closely affiliated with the rasslin team.

I'm Mark Farley now, folks!
                Wow. So you just admitted to re-registering from the same IP after another username you used was on probation and temp banned several times. Hmmmm, that would seem to be in direct violation of the TOS and punishable by permaban....

Too bad there aren't any mods with the power you gigantic piece of ****...
                #MACtion

Comment

As I suspected before the game, and has Jay mock my posts in one of his horrible attempts at humor, YSU wasn’t scoring 3 TDs on this defense.
                  The first half was superb in every way. The one negative that stood out was Weston dropping a 30 yard TD pass that ended up in a FG rather than a TD. Offensively the third quarter was as rough as it could get. It was clear the first half was in our heads, and combined with play calling going into “get it over” mode we saw some real piss poor effort and worse results. It took what was probably going to be a decent film session today and turned it into hell because they gave the coaches reasons to be pissed off. In a way that could be good as it will keep players heads from potentially growing too much. Especially with NDSU this coming week, and how focused/pissed off their coaches and players will be with how bad they looked in Grand Forks

Comment

Great win yesterday. We did what we were supposed to. Onto the next.
                    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                      Great win yesterday. We did what we were supposed to. Onto the next.
                      It's real fun to be at a point where you look forward to the next one. Got a real chance to be a great ride here.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                        As I suspected before the game, and has Jay mock my posts in one of his horrible attempts at humor, YSU wasn’t scoring 3 TDs on this defense.
                        The first half was superb in every way. The one negative that stood out was Weston dropping a 30 yard TD pass that ended up in a FG rather than a TD. Offensively the third quarter was as rough as it could get. It was clear the first half was in our heads, and combined with play calling going into “get it over” mode we saw some real piss poor effort and worse results. It took what was probably going to be a decent film session today and turned it into hell because they gave the coaches reasons to be pissed off. In a way that could be good as it will keep players heads from potentially growing too much. Especially with NDSU this coming week, and how focused/pissed off their coaches and players will be with how bad they looked in Grand Forks
                        Just now watching the replay. Lots to like ... the defense swarming to the ball carrier over-and-over, the constant pressure on the YSU quarterback, the linebacker play is superb this season. On offense ... left side of the offensive line - the Pennings - is a wall, Day's arm is opening up a passing game we have not seen in a while and in turn opens up the running game.

Shaw's patience and decision-making showed on his touchdown run - just tucked in behind the blockers and waited to something to open up. Williams is a rocket. Hoosman picked up a blitz well in the second quarter that was just enough for Day to run for the first down. Nice to see TEs back in the passing scheme. This receiving corp is special.

I have been as critical of use of TOs and time management as anyone here over the past many seasons - it was nice to see UNI call a time out with a minute+ left in the first half to straighten things out (and then score a TD). It looked like there was confusion among the receivers - they immediately met up with Farley.

Third quarter was really rough offensively, really rough. Some stuff needs to be cleaned up this week by the offense or it will be a long day in Fargo. And 0 for 8 on third down conversions ... ish.
                        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Listened to Rima and Peterson interviewing Day in the postgame show. Day mentioned that he hasn’t really played for a few years (mostly bench at MSU). He seemed eager to improve.

Comment

I wish the days of the dome having 14K plus in the stands would return, but COVID has ruined it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                              I wish the days of the dome having 14K plus in the stands would return, but COVID has ruined it.
                              I doubt we would have seen those sort of numbers on a regular basis even w/o covid. but I guess we'll never know

Comment

COVID has really affected crowds in Iowa City and Ames.

Wait...

Less than 10,000 for homecoming is utterly embarrassing.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X