WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU/UNI Rivalry week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaliPanther View Post
    We're definitely going to win the NDSU game. We have to many weapons on offense for them to stop us from scoring at least 24 and I believe our defense is going to have a field day.
    according to the email that I got from the PSC:
    The Panthers went on the road and upset the Bison of North Dakota State, 27-24.
    So evidently we've hired Dr. Who for our booster club.
    Fun times.

Comment

The teams look as statistically matched as I have seen in a long while. The only clear cut difference to date is that UNI has definitely played a more difficult schedule to date. Does that provide enough difference to overcome the home shed advantage?

Coin flip

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
        The teams look as statistically matched as I have seen in a long while. The only clear cut difference to date is that UNI has definitely played a more difficult schedule to date. Does that provide enough difference to overcome the home shed advantage?

Coin flip
        If this game was in Cedar Falls I'd feel MUCH more comfortable. However, given it's in Fargo, on their homecoming, coming off of performance they are going to find embarrassing, I have a bad feeling NDSU finds some sort of extra fire this week ontop of the extra they already have for UNI.

The SoS thing is interesting. Their SoS is near the bottom of the FCS.

0-4 Albany (sidenote whatever happened to Jalen Rima? He never played a single second for them and should be eligible this fall even. Quits on UNI midseason so he can go somewhere he can dominate and ends up never playing again? Seems odd)
        1-4 Valpo - who lost on the road to an NAIA and beat only Drake
        1-3 Towson
        2-2 UND

I know, for the first time, we haven't played an insane OOC schedule by by comparison
        FBS Iowa State
        2-2 Sac State - who has only lost to us and FBS Cal
        2-2 St Thomas who might already be the second by PFL team and nearly took USD down in year 1
        1-3 Youngstown

Massey has SoS rankings of UNI at 27 and NDSU at 73

Neither schedule is brutal but one team is a bit more tested than the other. Not that it will mean anything come Saturday. Based on Massey, and a few other metrics sites, it is the match up of the two best defenses in the country - though given SoS it's tough to tell. Though looking at the top 15 defenses in the county the MVFC is home to 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 14

This is also the first time that NDSU is going to paly in front of fans that are actually invested in the game since their homecoming game in 2019 against UNI. Their fans simply only really "get up" for certain games, and it's based on name not when the game is (regular season or playoff). SDSU and UNI are really the only two home games their fans get overly excited about. It's going to be as loud, if not louder, than it's been in years up there.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
          (sidenote whatever happened to Jalen Rima? He never played a single second for them and should be eligible this fall even. Quits on UNI midseason so he can go somewhere he can dominate and ends up never playing again? Seems odd)
          evidently he transferred, then U Albany cancelled their season (rather than playing in the spring).
          Then he signed with a "National Arena League" team in Florida and played 3 games for them.
          https://www.jaxsharks.com/news/jacks...ng-camp-roste1

in an interesting coincidence, the last game he played in was against a team from Albany.
          https://nalstats.prestosports.com/sp.../jalenrimavzj9

Comment

clenz that's a good synopsis... its been 78-80 for last few days and wed/thurs..... then rain Saturday

if it stayed 80s then Saturday tailgating would be an absolute ****show...

it'll still be busy, but who knows with the rain
            UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

who the Fook is this guy? ^^^

take some xanax

Comment

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910?s=20

remember the fight in 2009? LJ FORT I believe running rb pat paschall into the bench wall & then threw a puncb

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                  https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910?s=20

remember the fight in 2009? LJ FORT I believe running rb pat paschall into the bench wall & then threw a puncb
                  The equivalent of the man on the grassy knoll...

Comment

12 years later....
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                      who the Fook is this guy? ^^^

take some xanax
                      Jeff Stephenson, a child predator from Janesville with nothing better to do.
                      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post

Jeff Stephenson, a child predator from Janesville with nothing better to do.
                        Wow.

Piece of **** going to piece of **** I guess...
                        Last edited by BCPanther; 10-06-2021, 10:18 AM.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Wow. I'm guessing that they don't let people with dozens of convictions for harassment and OWI be civil rights workers but what do I know.....

Piece of **** going to piece of **** I guess...
                          Literally the least surprising news of all time that this dude is human garbage in real life as well.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Comment

Is that a real person? I was just joking. I figured it wouldn't be nice to say who he really is.
                              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

how is this NDSU/UNI RIVALRY not protected by the MVFC. that's ridiculous that we won't play until 2025!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X