WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU/UNI Rivalry week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCPanther
    replied
    12 years later....

Leave a comment:

• Trapped in California
    replied
    Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910?s=20

remember the fight in 2009? LJ FORT I believe running rb pat paschall into the bench wall & then threw a puncb
    The equivalent of the man on the grassy knoll...

Leave a comment:

• lakesbison
    replied
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910?s=20

remember the fight in 2009? LJ FORT I believe running rb pat paschall into the bench wall & then threw a puncb

Leave a comment:

• lakesbison
    replied
    who the Fook is this guy? ^^^

take some xanax

Leave a comment:

• lakesbison
    replied
    clenz that's a good synopsis... its been 78-80 for last few days and wed/thurs..... then rain Saturday

if it stayed 80s then Saturday tailgating would be an absolute ****show...

it'll still be busy, but who knows with the rain

Leave a comment:

• vbfan19
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post
    (sidenote whatever happened to Jalen Rima? He never played a single second for them and should be eligible this fall even. Quits on UNI midseason so he can go somewhere he can dominate and ends up never playing again? Seems odd)
    evidently he transferred, then U Albany cancelled their season (rather than playing in the spring).
    Then he signed with a "National Arena League" team in Florida and played 3 games for them.
    https://www.jaxsharks.com/news/jacks...ng-camp-roste1

in an interesting coincidence, the last game he played in was against a team from Albany.
    https://nalstats.prestosports.com/sp.../jalenrimavzj9

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    The teams look as statistically matched as I have seen in a long while. The only clear cut difference to date is that UNI has definitely played a more difficult schedule to date. Does that provide enough difference to overcome the home shed advantage?

Coin flip
    If this game was in Cedar Falls I'd feel MUCH more comfortable. However, given it's in Fargo, on their homecoming, coming off of performance they are going to find embarrassing, I have a bad feeling NDSU finds some sort of extra fire this week ontop of the extra they already have for UNI.

The SoS thing is interesting. Their SoS is near the bottom of the FCS.

0-4 Albany (sidenote whatever happened to Jalen Rima? He never played a single second for them and should be eligible this fall even. Quits on UNI midseason so he can go somewhere he can dominate and ends up never playing again? Seems odd)
    1-4 Valpo - who lost on the road to an NAIA and beat only Drake
    1-3 Towson
    2-2 UND

I know, for the first time, we haven't played an insane OOC schedule by by comparison
    FBS Iowa State
    2-2 Sac State - who has only lost to us and FBS Cal
    2-2 St Thomas who might already be the second by PFL team and nearly took USD down in year 1
    1-3 Youngstown

Massey has SoS rankings of UNI at 27 and NDSU at 73

Neither schedule is brutal but one team is a bit more tested than the other. Not that it will mean anything come Saturday. Based on Massey, and a few other metrics sites, it is the match up of the two best defenses in the country - though given SoS it's tough to tell. Though looking at the top 15 defenses in the county the MVFC is home to 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 14

This is also the first time that NDSU is going to paly in front of fans that are actually invested in the game since their homecoming game in 2019 against UNI. Their fans simply only really "get up" for certain games, and it's based on name not when the game is (regular season or playoff). SDSU and UNI are really the only two home games their fans get overly excited about. It's going to be as loud, if not louder, than it's been in years up there.

Leave a comment:

• Trapped in California
    replied
    The teams look as statistically matched as I have seen in a long while. The only clear cut difference to date is that UNI has definitely played a more difficult schedule to date. Does that provide enough difference to overcome the home shed advantage?

Coin flip

Leave a comment:

• vbfan19
    replied
    Originally posted by CaliPanther View Post
    We're definitely going to win the NDSU game. We have to many weapons on offense for them to stop us from scoring at least 24 and I believe our defense is going to have a field day.
    according to the email that I got from the PSC:
    The Panthers went on the road and upset the Bison of North Dakota State, 27-24.
    So evidently we've hired Dr. Who for our booster club.
    Fun times.

Leave a comment:

• lakesbison
    replied
    Originally posted by CaliPanther View Post
    We're definitely going to win the NDSU game. We have to many weapons on offense for them to stop us from scoring at least 24 and I believe our defense is going to have a field day.
    I'm more confident in NDSU'S defense...

so 10-9 might be the final... its gonna be a rock fight

Leave a comment:

• CaliPanther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GonzoCat
    replied
    Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years
    First off, let's celerbrate the homecoming win this week, eh, folks!?

With that said, my early reminder, folks, with MANY more such reminders to come...UNI IS NOT expecked to win this game with NDSU.

So, please stop now with the phony "outrage."
    I expect the Panthers to win every game, including every early season game at FBS stadiums. I am almost never outraged by a loss, on the rare occasions I am it isn't phony. I am more outraged by our coaches attitude that we don't need any kind of offense to win games for the past decade or more than I am by lost games.

Leave a comment:

• Blue42
    replied
    Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
    Yea its gonna be a good ol slobberknocker...

I don't know if our OC doesn't trust our new QB to throw, or we just went vanilla vs und because we knew that's all we needed to do to beat those puds...
    In a 16-10 game?

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    His throwing is TBD.

There have been 2 games where he's been asked to make throws and he is 10-21 in those 2 games

Albany and Valpo he was asked to throw jet tosses and super short slants/in/out routes. Albany he was 12-16 for 115 yards but only 3 passes over 9 yards (12/14/18) though they weren't in air yardage. That was total yardage. Valp he had a 65-yard pass, it was one of the jet motion tosses where the ball goes about 3 inches in the air and the WR in motion takes it and since it was Valpo there was no resistance.

He hasn't been asked to try to beat anyone deep, not has he been able too on any attempt more than a few yards downfield.

It will be interesting if that has all been because there has been no need too and this week we see it open up completely and he has just a laser lock canon of an arm.

From what I've seen he reminds me of Aaron Bailey. Big mo-fo that is hard to tackle and looks to run rather than throw at most all costs.

Leave a comment:

• lakesbison
    replied
    Yea its gonna be a good ol slobberknocker...

I don't know if our OC doesn't trust our new QB to throw, or we just went vanilla vs und because we knew that's all we needed to do to beat those puds...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X