WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    I would point out that we made the finals in '05 with only the opening round game at home.
    "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
      I would point out that we made the finals in '05 with only the opening round game at home.
      16 team field
      #MACtion

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

        16 team field
        And lots and lots and lots of Panther magic. That season was a movie script with how games played out and big plays were made time and time again when needed most.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

          16 team field
          I wondered who would be the first to point that out.
          "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

            And lots and lots and lots of Panther magic. That season was a movie script with how games played out and big plays were made time and time again when needed most.
            Correct.

            Had no business beating New Hampshire but David Horne was Walter Payton for 3 hours, it's near physically impossible that the ball got through to Surrency on the 2 point conversion, the worst coaching decision in the history of football and Matt Tharp was so wildly out of position that the ball hit him.

            I could go for some more of that magic, it's been too long.
            #MACtion

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

              Not in the least. The fact is we can't lose anymore to win the National Title. Getting to the title game means playing at home. We're not at home come the round of 16 with 8-3. So, we can't be less than 9-2. In 1992 YSU won it all playing on the road, but that's the only exception I recall.
              We've never won a semi-final game in the Dome.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                Correct.

                Had no business beating New Hampshire but David Horne was Walter Payton for 3 hours, it's near physically impossible that the ball got through to Surrency on the 2 point conversion, the worst coaching decision in the history of football and Matt Tharp was so wildly out of position that the ball hit him.

                I could go for some more of that magic, it's been too long.
                And -- it needs to be said -- that team had major, major, major chemistry. That was one of the things discussed when they all came back for their HOF induction a few weeks back. And having traveled with them, I saw it first hand. They took their trust in each other to another level.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

                Comment


                • #98
                  If we are 8-3 with losses to Iowa State, NDSU (at Fargo), and either SDSU, SIU or Missouri State, with wins against two of those teams we could be in play for the 8 seed. But at the same time there have been other UNI teams screwed by the committee so I expect that to happen again.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

                    We've never won a semi-final game in the Dome.
                    Try winning a semi-final in Fargo, then.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X