WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by English77 View Post

Going back to where you were unemployed?
    inconceivable!

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      when I saw it was an NDSU production with those announcers, I never bothered to unmute the ESPN+ feed and instead synched up Rima and Petey's call
      I thought they did great. They’re clearly a home call but actually had information about players on our team. They were very complementary of a few of a players and gave them high praise. They seemed pretty damn informed to me. Not sure what bothered some of you but this wasn’t a national broadcast without bias.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
        I thought they did great. They’re clearly a home call but actually had information about players on our team. They were very complementary of a few of a players and gave them high praise. They seemed pretty damn informed to me. Not sure what bothered some of you but this wasn’t a national broadcast without bias.
        They were probably alright, and no worse than listening to Rima would be for a non-UNI person.
        Like I said, I didn't listen to a word they said as I never took it off mute. I just preferred listening to Rima and Petey (much like I prefer listening to CKS for volleyball, even though MSU's feed had Linda Dollar who is quite knowledgeable about Valley VB)

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

Yeah I had no problem with how they called the game. Dom Izzo can be a dbag at times but he was fine today. His color guy was an ex Bison LB and he was good.

Still trying to confirm...was that the freshman Layne Prior getting the start at TE for UNI...wearing #45.

Impressive if so.
          ​​​
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
            Lol Missouri State. And possibly lol North Dakota, so that SIU game is going to loom large. Assuming that UNI and SIU run the table against the non-DSU's, that could be a fight for the 8th seed in the playoffs.
            Okay, nevermind, SDSU choked it away and lost in OT, so that means SIU, NDSU, and SDSU all control their own destiny for a seed, and we definitely need some things to break our way.

Comment

Mediocre…we beat crap teams and never win games that matter…don’t know where to go from here. Lose penalties, turnovers, 85 yd bomb….ugh. Same old panthers football I guess.

Comment

Flush this one. Two plays beat us, seems to happen to everyone up there.

USD looked good yesterday so it's going to be real important to be physical with them and not let this one linger. Lots of big things still out there to take if we stay physical and defend on the edge a little better.
                #MACtion

Comment

I think NDSU is tops in league again, SDSU, SIU, UNI. is that next tier

then after that I thought Missouri St was real, but guess not

the others, cya in 2022
                  UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Hard fought game...just made too many mistakes that cost us in a game like this. I do believe that we have closed the gap between NDSU and us. Just need to play cleaner
                    "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

If you take away the one touchdown pass of 85 yards, the Panther defense held them to 278 total yards. What I take away from the box core is 9 penalties for 70 yards and two fumbles lost.
                      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                        If you take away the one touchdown pass of 85 yards, the Panther defense held them to 278 total yards. What I take away from the box core is 9 penalties for 70 yards and two fumbles lost.
                        Yes, sloppy penalties, giving up big plays, and not capitalizing on their early turnover. Its literally the same script every game there I swear. You can’t just be 1 point better than them there and expect to win. You have to play 10 points better than them because they are going to get calls and break a big play.

There were encouraging things in the game that I hope we can continue to build on. We outgained them, had some success in the running game, and had some impressive downfield throws.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Let's remember that NDSU was by far the best defense that Day has faced. He is only what, 3-4 games (depending how you want to count his time so far) into a live action at the collegiate level. It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next several weeks against very good teams.

The number of penalties we are racking up is just something awful. As bad as it was, we dodged several, most notably the Benny Sapp targeting call. It could easily have been much worse outcome if Sapp is off the field most of the game.

Comment

The Sapp call was actually a really good one. The receiver wasn't defenseless and he hit him with his facemask, not the crown of the helmet.

That said, that isn't a play that you should be making on a consistent basis. He's a guy we need on the field as there's a pretty significant drop off to Kibbe. I'm actually guessing he'd have gone with Flater in the middle, moved Van Whye to the hybrid and moved Lambert back.
                            #MACtion

Comment

It's quite clear to me we have to run the table to get a playoff bye. I don't recall 8-3 giving us the 8 seed. So, we need to have it in our collective heads to not lose. Yes, going to Brookings, Normal, and Springfield and leaving with a W.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Whadda ya baggin' us?! We'll make the playoffs. NO problem there.
                                Not in the least. The fact is we can't lose anymore to win the National Title. Getting to the title game means playing at home. We're not at home come the round of 16 with 8-3. So, we can't be less than 9-2. In 1992 YSU won it all playing on the road, but that's the only exception I recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X