WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrockLesnar
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

We've never won a semi-final game in the Dome.
    Try winning a semi-final in Fargo, then.

Leave a comment:

• achrist70
    replied
    If we are 8-3 with losses to Iowa State, NDSU (at Fargo), and either SDSU, SIU or Missouri State, with wins against two of those teams we could be in play for the 8 seed. But at the same time there have been other UNI teams screwed by the committee so I expect that to happen again.

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Correct.

Had no business beating New Hampshire but David Horne was Walter Payton for 3 hours, it's near physically impossible that the ball got through to Surrency on the 2 point conversion, the worst coaching decision in the history of football and Matt Tharp was so wildly out of position that the ball hit him.

I could go for some more of that magic, it's been too long.
    And -- it needs to be said -- that team had major, major, major chemistry. That was one of the things discussed when they all came back for their HOF induction a few weeks back. And having traveled with them, I saw it first hand. They took their trust in each other to another level.

Leave a comment:

• Khan4Cats
    replied
    Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

Not in the least. The fact is we can't lose anymore to win the National Title. Getting to the title game means playing at home. We're not at home come the round of 16 with 8-3. So, we can't be less than 9-2. In 1992 YSU won it all playing on the road, but that's the only exception I recall.
    We've never won a semi-final game in the Dome.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

And lots and lots and lots of Panther magic. That season was a movie script with how games played out and big plays were made time and time again when needed most.
    Correct.

Had no business beating New Hampshire but David Horne was Walter Payton for 3 hours, it's near physically impossible that the ball got through to Surrency on the 2 point conversion, the worst coaching decision in the history of football and Matt Tharp was so wildly out of position that the ball hit him.

I could go for some more of that magic, it's been too long.

Leave a comment:

• Big Cats
    replied

16 team field
    I wondered who would be the first to point that out.

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied

16 team field
    And lots and lots and lots of Panther magic. That season was a movie script with how games played out and big plays were made time and time again when needed most.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
    I would point out that we made the finals in '05 with only the opening round game at home.
    16 team field

Leave a comment:

• Big Cats
    replied
    I would point out that we made the finals in '05 with only the opening round game at home.

Leave a comment:

• BrockLesnar
    replied
    Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years

Whadda ya baggin' us?! We'll make the playoffs. NO problem there.
    Not in the least. The fact is we can't lose anymore to win the National Title. Getting to the title game means playing at home. We're not at home come the round of 16 with 8-3. So, we can't be less than 9-2. In 1992 YSU won it all playing on the road, but that's the only exception I recall.

Leave a comment:

• BrockLesnar
    replied
    It's quite clear to me we have to run the table to get a playoff bye. I don't recall 8-3 giving us the 8 seed. So, we need to have it in our collective heads to not lose. Yes, going to Brookings, Normal, and Springfield and leaving with a W.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    The Sapp call was actually a really good one. The receiver wasn't defenseless and he hit him with his facemask, not the crown of the helmet.

That said, that isn't a play that you should be making on a consistent basis. He's a guy we need on the field as there's a pretty significant drop off to Kibbe. I'm actually guessing he'd have gone with Flater in the middle, moved Van Whye to the hybrid and moved Lambert back.

Leave a comment:

• Trapped in California
    replied
    Let's remember that NDSU was by far the best defense that Day has faced. He is only what, 3-4 games (depending how you want to count his time so far) into a live action at the collegiate level. It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next several weeks against very good teams.

The number of penalties we are racking up is just something awful. As bad as it was, we dodged several, most notably the Benny Sapp targeting call. It could easily have been much worse outcome if Sapp is off the field most of the game.

Leave a comment:

• 06panther10
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
    If you take away the one touchdown pass of 85 yards, the Panther defense held them to 278 total yards. What I take away from the box core is 9 penalties for 70 yards and two fumbles lost.
    Yes, sloppy penalties, giving up big plays, and not capitalizing on their early turnover. Its literally the same script every game there I swear. You can’t just be 1 point better than them there and expect to win. You have to play 10 points better than them because they are going to get calls and break a big play.

There were encouraging things in the game that I hope we can continue to build on. We outgained them, had some success in the running game, and had some impressive downfield throws.

Leave a comment:

• Big Cats
    replied
    If you take away the one touchdown pass of 85 yards, the Panther defense held them to 278 total yards. What I take away from the box core is 9 penalties for 70 yards and two fumbles lost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X