WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 11 Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've released the list of players leaving after this year which has been a disaster with the extra COVID year...

These guys are done after this year--

Mason Neisen, Korby Sander, Bradrick Shaw, Tyler Hoosman, Austin Evans, Zac Kibby, Alfonzo Lambert, Kyle Fourtenbary, Jared Brinkman, Riley Van Whye, Nick Simpson, Nate Murphy, Trevor Penning, Nick Ellis, Antoine Frazier, Isaiah Weston, Daric Whipple, Jacob Coons, Brawntae Wells and Tim Butcher

Not a ton of surprises. Weston surprises me some. We knew Cuvelier and Flater were coming back.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Dunbar got run out of town on a rail for going 7-4, 7-4, 8-3, 7-4 while literally inventing 'check with me'...

However, I don't want Mark replaced if David is the one making the hire....
      Agree wholeheartedly. I don't want Harris anywhere near a hire of that magnitude.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Dunbar got run out of town on a rail for going 7-4, 7-4, 8-3, 7-4 while literally inventing 'check with me'...

However, I don't want Mark replaced if David is the one making the hire....
        Farley was just signed to a five-year extension a few months ago, through 2026.

Harris was extended to 2025 in 2019.

CEDAR FALLS  – University of Northern Iowa Athletics Director David Harris has signed an extension to his contract with the university, committing to mo...

Unless neither contract has a significant buyout clause - remember Farley’s last contract had a huge buyout clause until the final year or so - or something dramatic happens, it is the David-and-Mark show for a few more years.

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

CEDAR FALLS  – University of Northern Iowa Athletics Director David Harris has signed an extension to his contract with the university, committing to mo...

Unless neither contract has a significant buyout clause - remember Farley’s last contract had a huge buyout clause until the final year or so - or something dramatic happens, it is the David-and-Mark show for a few more years.
          It'll get to the point with Harris, if it's not there already, that buying him out for $650k is going to be the cheaper option than the damage he's doing.

No idea what Mark's buyout would be but even full value of that contract would only be about $1.5M and chances are good you could transition him to another role unless he wants to go be a LB coach somewhere.
          #MACtion

Comment

They've released the list of players leaving after this year which has been a disaster with the extra COVID year...

Mason Neisen, Korby Sander, Bradrick Shaw, Tyler Hoosman, Austin Evans, Zac Kibby, Alfonzo Lambert, Kyle Fourtenbary, Jared Brinkman, Riley Van Whye, Nick Simpson, Nate Murphy, Trevor Penning, Nick Ellis, Antoine Frazier, Isaiah Weston, Daric Whipple, Jacob Coons, Brawntae Wells and Tim Butcher

Not a ton of surprises. Weston surprises me some. We knew Cuvelier and Flater were coming back.
            Doesn't Weston have another year of eligibility?
            "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post

Most of those guys do.

The only ones that DON'T are Shaw, Evans, Kibby, Fourtenbary, Brinkman, Ellis, Frazier, Wells and Butcher.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post

Weston probably wants his NFL shot, and he’s got a pretty decent chance from everything I’ve read. I know he wasn’t healthy for the full season, which will hurt him, but he probably put up enough stats and video to hopefully get the attention of people selecting players for college all star games, and those issuing Combine invites.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Weston probably wants his NFL shot, and he’s got a pretty decent chance from everything I’ve read. I know he wasn’t healthy for the full season, which will hurt him, but he probably put up enough stats and video to hopefully get the attention of people selecting players for college all star games, and those issuing Combine invites.
                  He has not put in a full season - including playoffs - since 2017, has he?

Sat out all of ‘18, missed the JMU game and much of Spring ‘21 and Fall ‘21 to injuries, correct?
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Let's recap.

LT--First Round Tackle that is in the Top 10 of major draft boards
                    LG-Soph with definite NFL future
                    RT-Camp Invite at minimum if not a UDFA deal

WR-1 mid-round draft (if injury concerns are ironed out), 1 Camp Invite (Hampton), 1 All league (McShane)

RB-1 Camp Invite (Shaw), 1 4-star recruit (Williams)

QB-4 star recruit

Makes complete sense that we are inept.
                    #MACtion

Comment

What reason is there for any of these kids to stay? How did they get convinced to be here in the first place? Outlook is not looking good….

Comment

I believe Sander, Hoosman, Van Whye, Weston have eligibility to play another year. I wouldn't be surprised if Weston is back.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Neisen and Ellis had career ending injuries.

Penning is a draft pick.

The others were all super seniors I believe.

Not sure on Murph and Simpson.
                        Last edited by Blue42; 11-19-2021, 04:10 PM.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by pnthr53 View Post
                          What reason is there for any of these kids to stay? How did they get convinced to be here in the first place? Outlook is not looking good….
                          You may be a bit over the top here my friend.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

If we would somehow find a way to lose this one (God forbid), it would be Farley's 4th losing season in the last decade. Yikes.
                            LOL Ten characters

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

How does the school expect to raise the money they need to be simply be competitive when there is absolutely nothing to be excited about with football and basketball. They risk going into a death spiral in combination with decreasing enrollment.

Comment

Farley will never have a shot at the championship game again. He won't even win the conference again.

Yes his run defense is good, but that's where it ends. Predictable offense, poor pass defense. Sad part is it's not the players, but the coaching decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X