WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 12 - Eastern Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 12 - Eastern Washington

I know it might detract from threads on the whereabouts of the AD, our worthiness of getting a dance invite, the worth of our posters or the red turf ahead…but here’s to hoping we can discuss the game.

What do we know about EWU?

I would like us to win.

Very high powered offense, second highest scoring offense in FCS, and a lot of passing. Defense is middling, so they're basically the inverse of us...coughAnd an awful fieldcough.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      coughAnd an awful fieldcough.
      the image editor I have allows for a "RGB -> GRB" color swap that makes the field look less hideous, but it would also change the uniform colors and really do a number on peoples skin tones. Plus I doubt there is a way to apply it to the video stream.

Comment

Their 2 losses were at home.

One to Montana State and one to Weber State...both close games...back to back weeks.

They did not play Sac State this year.

They beat Western Illinois 62-56 early in season. WIU scored last 28 points of game to almost steal it.

They beat a bad UNLV team in Vegas in double OT.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Do we know if we will get shaw back for this game? I haven't heard anything about his injury. But he would be great to run the ball with 30 times and chew up a bunch of clock!

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
            Do we know if we will get shaw back for this game? I haven't heard anything about his injury. But he would be great to run the ball with 30 times and chew up a bunch of clock!
            Good call. We're going to have to run the ball in order to give ourselves a chance.

Good news is they're your typical Big Sky defense that we should be able to move up front.
            #MACtion

Comment

Ugh that turf.

Comment

Apparently the EWU OC resigned about two weeks ago. Strange timing

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/sho...=1#post3012934

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

Just a guess, but is that about the time the Washington State coaches left due to Washington vaccine requirements?

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                    I hope this happens for both the team and for him. Dude clearly just loves to play and will go wherever he can to do it. Hope he gets at least one more shot!

Comment

Their interim OC is former UNI receivers coach Pat McCann. He was at UNI in 2017-18. He coached Weston and McShane, as well as Daurice Fountain. In 2018, when UNI OC John Bond missed three games, McCann was UNI’s interim OC against MoState (W, 37-0), Lamar (W, 16-13 in the first round of the playoffs) and UC Davis (L, second round).

Shoemaker - the OC who resigned - is the fourth EW coach to resign in 2021, according to https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...an-shoemaker-/ .
                      ronfitch
                      UNI Alumx2
                      Last edited by ronfitch; 11-21-2021, 10:36 PM.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I had written the postseason off in my head, and now here I am thinking "you know, we should be able to score on EWU and we might have the best defense they've faced. and it's about time we won a game in Missoula."

I never learn.

Comment

IF only Farley would hire the OC that just resigned, and let him run the offense. 500+ yards per game on offense is Madden numbers.

Comment

IF only Farley would hire the OC that just resigned, and let him run the offense. 500+ yards per game on offense is Madden numbers.
                            He is still out there, just drawing up high-powered plays in the dirt.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Have at it defense and special teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X