WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 12 - Eastern Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
    In yesterday's Gazette article, Farley says Shaw & Hoosman are expected to play Saturday. Link: https://www.thegazette.com/panther-f...football-team/
    Not just Shaw and Hoosman, but also Vance McShane at RB, receivers Sergio Morancy and Isaiah Weston and tight ends Kyle Fourtenbary and Jayden Scott look likely. That is a lot of the offense available - having Williams, Shaw, McShane, Hoosman and Kamara (liked what that kid did against Western on Saturday) is really nice.
    Last edited by ronfitch; 11-24-2021, 12:57 PM. Reason: Because it is Karmara, not Camarata (that was Pudge)
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I hope we end up having to make a very difficult decision on Kamara in about 4 weeks....
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
        In yesterday's Gazette article, Farley says Shaw & Hoosman are expected to play Saturday. Link: https://www.thegazette.com/panther-f...football-team/
        Also from that article:

"Adding intrigue to Saturday’s game is former UNI wide receivers coach Pat McCann, who was with the Panthers from 2017-2018.

McCann is now EWU’s interim offensive coordinator and Farley said his two-year run in Cedar Falls made it clear he was destined to become a play-caller. He also mentioned McCann’s knowledge of the UNI offense might provoke some signal changes.

'Pat knows us pretty good,' Farley said with a grin. 'His family is awesome. I’m happy for him, because he always wanted to be the play-caller and we were grooming him that way.'”

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Also from that article:

"Adding intrigue to Saturday’s game is former UNI wide receivers coach Pat McCann, who was with the Panthers from 2017-2018.

McCann is now EWU’s interim offensive coordinator and Farley said his two-year run in Cedar Falls made it clear he was destined to become a play-caller. He also mentioned McCann’s knowledge of the UNI offense might provoke some signal changes.

'Pat knows us pretty good,' Farley said with a grin. 'His family is awesome. I’m happy for him, because he always wanted to be the play-caller and we were grooming him that way.'”
          There's a lot to unpack from that quote and I don't think I can be nice about it.

If he was headed that way, why didn't we keep him instead of recycling guys in their 50s and 60s? Why did we bring Mahaffey in as it was obvious that he was going to take the first job that came his way? Just let the guy take it and learn because Mark is going to overrule him in big situations anyway.
          #MACtion

Comment

Which version shows up tomorrow? Go Panthers!

Comment

Early line has us at +3.5 and the over/under at 60.5.

Comment

I think there needs to be some rule that conference opponents should not meet until the quarter-finals. I don't know if expansion to a 32 team field would solve the problem, but the committee has gone out of its way to make sure conference opponents will meet up next round of 16.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                  I think there needs to be some rule that conference opponents should not meet until the quarter-finals. I don't know if expansion to a 32 team field would solve the problem, but the committee has gone out of its way to make sure conference opponents will meet up next round of 16.
                  the rule has always been that conference teams can't meet in the FIRST ROUND (unless those two conference teams did not play each other during the regular season, in which case since they didn't play each other then there is no issue). When there was only a 16-team field, that meant that there wouldn't be any conference re-matches until the quarterfinals. But when the field was expanded to 24, that added an additional round between the first round and the quarterfinals.

Since the FCS playoffs doesn't actually generate any profit for the NCAA (lower attendance, less media interest; thus less revenue from ticket sales and advertising, which doesn't cover the costs of travel for the road teams, the hiring of officials, etc.), that means that the NCAA seeks to reduce the amount of travel costs that it has to pay by pairing up as many teams that are within 400 miles of each other in games (because they'd have to pay for air travel for trips over 400, where as they only have to pay for bus travel for the shorter trips). Many of those 400 mile trips are only possible between conference-mates (especially in the west and midwest)

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                    Never ever going to happen.

Regionalization isn't going anywhere.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Fun day of Panthers athletics ahead. Very hopeful and excited that we come out firing today. Let's just throw a huge wrench in the playoffs and shock the world.

Comment

Playing with house money.

Cut it loose today boys.

​​​​​
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          Fun day of Panthers athletics ahead. Very hopeful and excited that we come out firing today. Let's just throw a huge wrench in the playoffs and shock the world.
                          Tbf the computers have this as the most even playoff match-up, giving only a 58% chance to E Wash, not quite at "shock the world" levels. Computers really like us a lot, though, so we'll see.

Comment

Eastern Washington should be absolutely enraged that this is the game they drew and that today's their last game...

Not quite as bad as us drawing the greatest 7-4 team of all time in 07 but real damn close.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Nothing to lose…let the offense go…defense can attack if they have a lead…it’s go time

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Eastern Washington should be absolutely enraged that this is the game they drew and that today's their last game...

Not quite as bad as us drawing the greatest 7-4 team of all time in 07 but real damn close.
                                I can see getting upset about not getting a seed when you feel you deserved one.
                                but getting butthurt about which opponent you get in the first round (especially if it is someone from outside your conference) has always seemed kind of whiny to me. First round matchups have always been more about geography than anything else. Eastern schools usually play other eastern schools (because there are plenty of bus trips), western schools usually play other western schools (with an occasional eastern school sent west). nothing to get too bent out of shape over

Comment

Working...
                                X