WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Role

Curious who takes over here- we have a loaded defensive staff. Guessing based off experience it’s going to be DJV. Thoughts?

I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not Vokolek.

Shouldn't be any shortage of good candidates out there to come in to coach DBs with Keelon.
    #MACtion

Comment

Gotta be honest- the way KB’s progressed with us I’d be shocked if he’s on staff next year. He’s an up-and-comer with a P5 background

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post
        Curious who takes over here- we have a loaded defensive staff. Guessing based off experience it’s going to be DJV. Thoughts?
        He would seem to have the inside track, wouldn't he?

Surprised to notice that he has been back at UNI for five seasons already (I was also surprised to see that Johnson had been at UNI for 15 years ... time flies).
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post
          Gotta be honest- the way KB’s progressed with us I’d be shocked if he’s on staff next year. He’s an up-and-comer with a P5 background
          That's a fantastic observation.

I've felt the same way about Clanton for a couple years but he's still here. I don't think Clanton sets the world of fire coaching offensive line but man can he recruit.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That's a fantastic observation.

I've felt the same way about Clanton for a couple years but he's still here. I don't think Clanton sets the world of fire coaching offensive line but man can he recruit.
            For a time, Clanton was THE Twitter presence for UNI football - lots of tweets, lots of information, lots of excitement in his posts about the players, recruits and games.
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

For a time, Clanton was THE Twitter presence for UNI football - lots of tweets, lots of information, lots of excitement in his posts about the players, recruits and games.
              Clanton recruits at an insane level. It helps he's younger, was a stud at his position, and is just a really big kid on his own. He relates so well with high school kids and what they are like in 2021/2022. It's something that "older" coaches can struggle with. His ability to recruit is nuts. His drive, his passion, etc. is crazy. What is even more nutty about it is he had zero ties to the midwest before getting here. He grew up in Bakersfield, CA, went to a JUCO in the Bay Area (but was committed to Fresno State before going JUCO), and then went to school at Oregon. After playing he went back to coach in the Bay Area. Yet he shows up here and all of a sudden has connections and has more than fully engaged himself into the midwest. He tried to stick with CA connections his first year or two, but quickly learned the midwest. I think he's also a big reason for recent success in Florida, Georgia, and states we don't normally see.

I don't know if he is a high end technique guy for coaching. I think, from the 100000 foot view, the improvement the OL made after Keith came on full time can tell us that. However, Clanton has so much talent for coaching and recruiting that I'm shocked he is still here. It's going to hurt to lose him, but much like Brookins, I don't know how much longer they'll be around before they are grabbed big a G5 or P5

Comment

Working...
              X