WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

What a newsworthy day in UNI sports

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        What a newsworthy day in UNI sports
        You don’t have to read it or post on it ….

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post

You don’t have to read it or post on it ….
          ...Huh? I was just commenting on how much news came out today. Near sell-out basketball game, best player with Covid, exciting new football coach, and an fantastic volleyball player likely has us on her shortlist. Big news day for being January 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

...Huh? I was just commenting on how much news came out today. Near sell-out basketball game, best player with Covid, exciting new football coach, and an fantastic volleyball player likely has us on her shortlist. Big news day for being January 19th.
            Fair - I took the comment the wrong way

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
              Tate's step father - Dick Olin - is from Cedar Rapids and played quarterback at SCI in the '60s.

As a junior is '65, he started 8 of 9 games for the Panthers and played as a backup as a sophomore (the season they won the Pecan Bowl) and shared starting duties as a senior. As a junior, he threw a 78-yard touchdown pass to Terry Fox against Morningside and was selected to play in the Iowa Senior All Star game (with fellow Panthers Rick Price, Phil Roberts and Bill Strottman).

He then went into a long career as a high school coach, including as Tate's coach.

If anyone else here remembers the Alumni-Varsity spring games, he also was in one of those as a member of the Alumni squad:

https://indexuni.library.uni.edu/pag...96900000503jpg
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Found a Zoom interview with Tate. He is in Cedar Falls now.

2:15ish ... When McEvlain entered the portal and Tate was coaching at UT-Martin, Tate contacted Farley to learn more about McElvain as a possible transfer. Farley then contacted Tate after the season ended and interviewed him by phone, then Zoom, then at a coaching conference in San Antonio, then again by phone. Then Tate drove north.

9:45ish .... No defined coaching position yet but says (in this interview) that he would like to coach TEs.

This is a Iowa Hawkeye fan videocast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWYBBqgKBDc

Comment

https://twitter.com/bigblueview56/st...xhnvkaUbA&s=19
                  Panthers adding Bodie Reeder as offensive coordinator.

Currently an offensive analyst with Auburn.

Has been an OC with North Texas, Utah State and Eastern Washington earlier in his career.

(I'll now step out of the way so the usual "sky is falling" crew can p & m about this for the next 24 hours.)
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    https://twitter.com/bigblueview56/st...xhnvkaUbA&s=19
                    Panthers adding Bodie Reeder as offensive coordinator.

Currently an offensive analyst with Auburn.

Has been an OC with North Texas, Utah State and Eastern Washington earlier in his career.

(I'll now step out of the way so the usual "sky is falling" crew can p & m about this for the next 24 hours.)
                    He's an air raid throw it all over the yard guy. That's exactly what we need now lets hope Mark lets him do it.

Was part of the group that developed Mason Rudolph at Okie Lite and that matches right up with Theo's skill set.
                    #MACtion

Comment

I would guess that this would fit with Drew Tate as well, with his H.S. coach/ step dad sort of being the godfather of 7 on 7 football in Texas and one of the first throw it all over the field coaches in Texas.

However, I thought I saw somewhere that Clanton got the O.C. title?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                        I would guess that this would fit with Drew Tate as well, with his H.S. coach/ step dad sort of being the godfather of 7 on 7 football in Texas and one of the first throw it all over the field coaches in Texas.

Football Scoop had Clanton getting it but the updated roster on the website shows him as OL/Run Game Coordinator which is where I think he's been for the last couple of years.

Absolutely no offense to Clanton but this guy has called plays at a very high level in the past and is the better choice there.

Again, now lets hope Mark lets him do it.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

Initial post of this thread reported that Clanton will be O.C.

The AD page for football has his listed for "Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line" which is also on his Twitter profile.
                          Last edited by ronfitch; 02-06-2022, 07:43 PM. Reason: Wrote “speculated” - Edge rightly corrected me, downthread - and changed to “reported”

Comment

Sounds like a great hire! Has coached at the highest level and has experience at he FBS and FCS as a coordinator. Good deal
                            "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Gosh, I hope these hires materialize to create some significant steps forward this year. Please let it be true.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Initial post of this thread speculated that Clanton will be O.C.

The AD page for football has his listed for "Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line" which is also on his Twitter profile.
                                Was reported on Football scoop - not speculation

Comment

Working...
                                X