WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Game

Any thoughts?

I see Cole Blair had a story where the "Offense was starting from scratch with new OC". That gives me hope but I am mentally prepared to be disappointed.

Went for the first hour or so.

Offense is noticeably different, even at this point. Tons of short drops and getting the ball out quick. Lots of short passes to slot guys over the middle and the tight end is back. No read option fakes and running plays don't take forever to develop. I'm actually optimistic.

Theo is, without a doubt, the guy. He looked good.

Defense looked rough at times but Cuvelier, Boyd, Rice and Sander didn't play at all and Flater and Sapp only played very limited snaps. Plus, you know we're going to be fine there.

Bring on Air Force.
    #MACtion

Comment

I'm actually optimistic.
      No you fool!

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

No you fool!
        I almost want to believe that things can change. Imagine the possibilities...

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

No you fool!
          I'm ready to get hurt again...
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I'm ready to get hurt again...
            "No question about it"
            - Michael Scott

Comment

Farley has had some interesting comments on how you have to adjust your scheme given the increased roster turnover in current college football. Have to simplify so new players (transfers) and younger guys can get on the field sooner.

Also that your passing game can't be a "science experiment" for the QB with a complex series of reads.

Bodie Reeder has commented that the goal of offense is to make it easy on your guys and hard on the defense. And to be in the mentality that every possession is a TD.

Will be interesting to see what they've built.

Air Force won't have much to go on.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Damn it they are doing it again, every year I get excited then the summer is excruciating thinking, maybe just maybe it will be different. I will have to hold on until Colorado Springs to see if things truly changed.
                Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

We'll, grin and bare it through, maybe, 7-4... At least the stupid Bison are gone for two seasons.

Comment

So, there will be a cancellation?
                    (12 game season.) I had to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                      So, there will be a cancellation?
                      (12 game season.) I had to do it.
                      what season are you talking about?

Comment

The prediction of 7-4 for the upcoming 12 game football season. Could anything else be inferred?

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                          The prediction of 7-4 for the upcoming 12 game football season. Could anything else be inferred?
                          Ahh. It must be a user a lot of people have muted. Had no clue what you were talking about. Thanks!

Comment

This is an 11 game year.

I think we're all just brainwashed that the only possible way to have 6 home games is for it to happen in a 12 game year.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Not going to lie, I had to double check it being a 12 game season as well because of the 6 home dates.

Comment

Working...
                              X