WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sac State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

To me that says the department is not offering enough and that those groups have found other, better sources of income.
    Or groups (kids) don’t want to work…

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

And they won't get off your lawn either.

We aren't going down the political "kids are lazy" bull**** narrative. It's not true and has been said about every generation of kids for over 100 years in newspapers. Find a new line of bull**** to go with.

A collection of newspaper op eds lamenting how "kids don't want to work anymore" going back to 1895

2022 article

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

And they won't get off your lawn either.

We aren't going down the political "kids are lazy" bull**** narrative. It's not true and has been said about every generation of kids for over 100 years in newspapers. Find a new line of bull**** to go with.
        Geez, who pissed in your cherrios? You have your opinion, I’ll have mine…

Comment

Geez, who pissed in your cherrios? You have your opinion, I’ll have mine…
          You're free to have an opinion - you're not free to ignore facts and spew complete bull**** because you're angry at people younger than you. Especially when it's demonstrably false, has been proven false by any number of studies, and has been the same song screamed by old people for over a century.

Comment

• The ****ing irony on blaming kids 14 and under for not wanting to work for free inside the UNIDome to clean up other peoples **** yet ignoring the AD not wanting to work to find someone to do it, work to find ways to make it happen, or even maybe ****ing do it themselves.

When you're entire system is built on underpaying, or not paying, young people to do **** jobs and then go "Why don't you want to do **** jobs that I wouldn't be caught dead doing for **** pay that I wouldn't even wipe my ass with" you have a broke system

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
              The ****ing irony on blaming kids 14 and under for not wanting to work for free inside the UNIDome to clean up other peoples **** yet ignoring the AD not wanting to work to find someone to do it, work to find ways to make it happen, or even maybe ****ing do it themselves.

When you're entire system is built on underpaying, or not paying, young people to do **** jobs and then go "Why don't you want to do **** jobs that I wouldn't be caught dead doing for **** pay that I wouldn't even wipe my ass with" you have a broke system
              You really are an angry person…so sad. Blessings

Comment

Agreed, kids these days are just lazy and entitled. And they all won't stop listening to that dang rock and roll music that's poisoning the youth. This never would've happened if Buddy Holly was still topping the charts. But now all you kids listen to that uppity Chuck Berry and root for that war criminal Cassius Clay, no wonder you catch the traits of those people. By those people I of course mean celebrities, and if you thought I meant something else, that makes you the real racists.
                Last edited by sevelev711; 09-21-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Pretty much all jobs can be filled, if you pay enough

Comment

• Boy a few of you took this in a weird direction. I don’t care who does the job. If the department can’t find enough incentives to get volunteers there damn well better pay the staff to get the jobs done.
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                      Boy a few of you took this in a weird direction. I don’t care who does the job. If the department can’t find enough incentives to get volunteers there damn well better pay the staff to get the jobs done.
                      That's where I'm at. If we can't get volunteer groups, then leadership in the department needs to take it on themselves. I've had to step out of my lane and out of my job description MANY times over my career and with my employer. Especially during and since Covid. I'm in management - it's what we do. It's not always fun. I don't usually like it. But it's the right thing to do.
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You pay attention at all to the last 3 years of volleyball? I LOVE Schwab and what he does with what he's given is pretty darn good.

I'm not rehashing Jake for the thousandth time other than to point out he's vastly underpaid compared to his market value and we should celebrate his loyalty. It's so easy to just point to 'he makes the moneys' in a vacuum and realize he's basically playing with one arm tied behind his back in every other aspect of the program.
                        I'm just saying historically, but still hold high hopes for this season.
                        Which winning percentage is better: 65% or 61%?

Comment

Working...
                        X