WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sac State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected], [email protected]

Would be a shame if several copies of this along with the thoughts of others ended up in their inboxes.

Nobody go out and use social media to voice concerns either. We can't have stuff like that going on...
    #MACtion

Comment

• Thank you for that, Clenz. Couldn't have said it better myself. My frustration has turned into apathy, and I suspect I'm not alone.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

• Well put. Might want to take a screen shot of that and tweet it.
        "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• Maybe we should go back to having the roof collapsing during a storm. At least the rain water could knock a couple layers off the seats/walkways...

Comment

• yes, the department is definitely lacking the janitorial upkeep of the facilities
            but hopefully people do their part and take their own trash with them to the garbage cans when they leave instead of leaving an even bigger mess

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              yes, the department is definitely lacking the janitorial upkeep of the facilities
              but hopefully people do their part and take their own trash with them to the garbage cans when they leave instead of leaving an even bigger mess
              Sorry but filth breeds filth. The cleaner a place is kept the more people are going to work to keep it that way. If UNI shows it doesn’t care how facilities are maintained, people coming to games aren’t going to care either.
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Sorry but filth breeds filth. The cleaner a place is kept the more people are going to work to keep it that way. If UNI shows it doesn’t care how facilities are maintained, people coming to games aren’t going to care either.
                too many damn slobs with no manners

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

People were complaining about the filth in the Dome during high school state playoffs last year. There were posts about it on Twitter from visitors - not understanding why UNI doesn't take more pride in it then we do.

Something has to be done. But has already been alluded to, there are people who have tried to bring this to attention but probably only a select few. The more it becomes a public issue and the more people speak up, the harder it becomes to ignore it...
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Broken record here but I will agree with the majority that there are significant issues at UNI. But, they are the same issues that a lot of universities our size are dealing with and most of them have gone to work and are continuing to progress. We seemed to have quit on things and just come up with excuses instead of solutions. I am not connected enough to get a meeting with anybody just to talk about things as an average joe. I just love UNI and come from a UNI family....Dad....big brother....and I all paid the tuition to be a UNI Panther and we take pride in that. But our current top brass doesn't seem to care or worse don't know how to proceed forward to get back on the right track. This isn't just athletics either....it's many different aspects of our university. It takes the right people before things will move forward. With better people in place....then the money will be found but not before you have the right personnel managing it. I bleed purple....Go Panthers! Love all you proud Panther fans. Hope we have better years ahead even if it takes time to get there.

Comment

• Once again, if any of you expecked to win against the Visitor Messages team in the country, you're deliberately trying to make an issue where one doesn't exist.

With that said, we certainly owned the Visitor Messages team in the second half, so, once again, all IS NOT lost.

Comment

• If budgets are really that tight that we can't afford to hire cleaning crews, call for volunteers. I care about the Dome and want it to look nice and welcoming at all times. I couldn't come every week, but I'd come up a couple of times a year to help and I bet many more would too. And if that's not enough, offer free FB season tickets in the end zone sections to families or groups who sign up to help at least a couple of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                          If budgets are really that tight that we can't afford to hire cleaning crews, call for volunteers. I care about the Dome and want it to look nice and welcoming at all times. I couldn't come every week, but I'd come up a couple of times a year to help and I bet many more would too. And if that's not enough, offer free FB season tickets in the end zone sections to families or groups who sign up to help at least a couple of times.
                          From what I've heard they have trouble finding people to do it. "Back in the day" they used to bring in volunteer groups and offered them free tickets, etc., to take care of it immediately following the games.

When I reached out about this in June, I offered my support/help. I, too, would personally volunteer my assistance because I care enough about this place to want to make it shine.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Kinda sad when you could ask:

Will David Harris be the last UNI AD ever? And not have it be a dumb question. So frustrating

We are so screwed if Jake leaves and I am not even a huge Jake guy. Not a hater by any means

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

From what I've heard they have trouble finding people to do it. "Back in the day" they used to bring in volunteer groups and offered them free tickets, etc., to take care of it immediately following the games.

When I reached out about this in June, I offered my support/help. I, too, would personally volunteer my assistance because I care enough about this place to want to make it shine.
                              At Iowa, the local school district athletic booster club does it as a fundraiser. Teams all take their turns showing up and cleaning Kinnick every Sunday morning. Considering they also use the Dome, it would seem like a no-brainer for the CF booster club. But I'm guessing there are politics or something in the way of that happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post

At Iowa, the local school district athletic booster club does it as a fundraiser. Teams all take their turns showing up and cleaning Kinnick every Sunday morning. Considering they also use the Dome, it would seem like a no-brainer for the CF booster club. But I'm guessing there are politics or something in the way of that happening?
                                No idea. I used to be on the board for the CF boosters. It never came up. With the new football stadium being built in CF, I'm not sure how close of a relationship CF and UNI will have moving forward as it relates to football.

Comment

Working...
                                X