WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Coaching changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Coaching changes

Looking like we finally lost Clanton. Personally I think ISU just got better.

Curious if there's any chance Brandon Keith returns to CF to coach the OL.

It was a bit ambiguous when he left before the season.

Guy with NFL experience could be a nice add at that spot.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

I’m gathering that ship sailed

Comment

Losing Clanton certainly hurts. Excellent recruiter and he helped organize the most exciting offense we’ve seen in years. This one stings.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
          Losing Clanton certainly hurts. Excellent recruiter and he helped organize the most exciting offense we’ve seen in years. This one stings.
          Reeder had more to do with the offense directly, imo. I think Clanton was listed as Co OC moreso to try and encourage him to stay

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Reeder had more to do with the offense directly, imo. I think Clanton was listed as Co OC moreso to try and encourage him to stay
            I'm a fan of RC.

But would agree the performance of the offense improved dramatically in the first season that Bodie Reeder was here.

As did the play of Theo Day.

Assuming BR becomes the solo OC at this point.

Also will be interesting to see if Drew Tate's responsibilities change at all for the upcoming season. He did a great job with the TEs in year 1.
            ​​​​​
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I'm a fan of RC.

But would agree the performance of the offense improved dramatically in the first season that Bodie Reeder was here.

As did the play of Theo Day.

Assuming BR becomes the solo OC at this point.

Also will be interesting to see if Drew Tate's responsibilities change at all for the upcoming season. He did a great job with the TEs in year 1.
              ​​​​​
              It was fun to see TEs be more involved in the offense again. And productive.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Was the TE involvement more scheme (Reeder) or coaching (Tate) or the fact OL play was better (Clanton) so they could release?

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                  Was the TE involvement more scheme (Reeder) or coaching (Tate) or the fact OL play was better (Clanton) so they could release?
                  A little from every column but Reeder's scheme was the biggest factor in our success.

The ball gets out fast, running backs don't spend forever at the mesh point.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Reeder is the catalyst for the offense. This season was literally the 1st time our offense had a pulse and looked any different for almost a decade. Need to hang on to him if we can.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Disappointed that we won't have Clanton next year but good for him and continuing to climb. He's good people and I hope Farley can find someone with at least half of his passion and energy.

Comment

Sometimes health comes first.

Beyond that? Who knows

Comment

Nelly’s coming home. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post
                            Nelly’s coming home. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.
                            My impression was he was well thought of. Is that not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

My impression was he was well thought of. Is that not the case?
                              He is well thought of and its a great hire.

He can obviously hit the ground running with zero learning curve and now also has elite knowledge of the high level HS talent in Iowa.
                              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                              X