WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 offseason discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had not seen much Theo/NFL buzz yet, but it makes sense. A couple of the other guys in that list, Pennix and Rattler, seem like they’ve been in college for 10 years.

Comment

Apparently Iowa State offered a Juco QB today. This and other rumors are leading some Iowa State fans to speculate that Hunter Dekkers is one of the players in trouble in the gambling issue. Iowa State’s coaches are saying anyone caught up in this is probably facing a minimum one season suspension. Sounds like we might be facing a QB starting his first game in the season opener.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
        Apparently Iowa State offered a Juco QB today. This and other rumors are leading some Iowa State fans to speculate that Hunter Dekkers is one of the players in trouble in the gambling issue. Iowa State’s coaches are saying anyone caught up in this is probably facing a minimum one season suspension. Sounds like we might be facing a QB starting his first game in the season opener.
        There certainly does appear to be smoke on their board. Placing bets while sitting in the football performance center is all sorts of dumb.

Allegedly.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

There certainly does appear to be smoke on their board. Placing bets while sitting in the football performance center is all sorts of dumb.

Allegedly.
          If we face a QB making his first start it'll be JJ Kohl, while he's inexperienced, he certainly seems to be the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

If we face a QB making his first start it'll be JJ Kohl, while he's inexperienced, he certainly seems to be the real deal.
            It'll be Rocco Becht. There's no way they're throwing Kohl into that.
            #MACtion

Comment

I will see Matt Campbell tonight at the Cyclone Coaches Tailgate Tour. Maybe I'll ask him about it. Or not because we know he won't say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                I will see Matt Campbell tonight at the Cyclone Coaches Tailgate Tour. Maybe I'll ask him about it. Or not because we know he won't say anything.
                Matt better start figuring out how to sell a second loss to UNI as part of 'the process'.

'You see the process loves you back when you lose to a team that spends less on its entire program than Iowa State does on my salary'...
                #MACtion

Comment

Prior to the LATE signing of the Juco kid, Iowa State only had three scholarship QBs on the roster, one of whom is a true FR. Pure speculation, but if any of the original three are involved in the gambling issue, it’s potential disaster if you’re stuck with only two school scholarship players at that position. Iowa State always seems to be challenged at O Line, which would make depth that much more important.

Comment

Search warrant out for mom's phone.

We aren't going to see Dekkers this year and I'm not sure he ever plays another game.

Hope that bet was worth it kid. Better have won big...
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      Prior to the LATE signing of the Juco kid, Iowa State only had three scholarship QBs on the roster, one of whom is a true FR. Pure speculation, but if any of the original three are involved in the gambling issue, it’s potential disaster if you’re stuck with only two school scholarship players at that position. Iowa State always seems to be challenged at O Line, which would make depth that much more important.
                      Their OLine will be much improved with Clanton leading the charge.

Comment

Their OLine will be much improved with Clanton leading the charge.
                        It's only year 1 and the same players.

Improved? Sure. It isn't going to be a Clanton OL after one spring and 3 weeks of camp

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

It's only year 1 and the same players.

Improved? Sure. It isn't going to be a Clanton OL after one spring and 3 weeks of camp
                          If it was just a change with Clanton I'd agree, but it does sound like the new strength and conditioning guy is awesome also. I would also say getting Manning out of there should improve the playcalling, thus the play of the offense in general.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Matt better start figuring out how to sell a second loss to UNI as part of 'the process'.

'You see the process loves you back when you lose to a team that spends less on its entire program than Iowa State does on my salary'...

I didn't get there until late, so I didn't get to talk to the coaches. However, your question is very well-stated. I like Matt Campbell, but I hate how much coaches are paid these days.

Comment

If it was just a change with Clanton I'd agree, but it does sound like the new strength and conditioning guy is awesome also. I would also say getting Manning out of there should improve the playcalling, thus the play of the offense in general.

Folks in Ames are high on Clanton. The running joke is how often he uses the word "violent."

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

Folks in Ames are high on Clanton. The running joke is how often he uses the word "violent."
                                Yet another example of Iowa State refusing to build on their own and just stealing what they like from UNI.

Comment

Working...
                                X