WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict the minutes 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict the minutes 2012-13

This is probably a little early, but I want to get everybody's thoughts before I make another post a little later that will use this information.

1) Lot of wild cards this year with all the new players that should get significant minutes.
    2) I would love to hear that Olivier will step up to a give us some more post presence, but reports out of practice seemed to indicate that he is out of shape and will not play a major role
    3) Who will be the first guard off the bench? We haven't seen much from Bohannon, but I feel like he is going to get more minutes than Morrison.
    4) What role will Buss play? I see him getting more minutes than Olivier but fewer than Chip.
    5) Pehl has improved a great deal, but I think there's too much talent around him this year and his minutes will drop.
    6) Singleton. He wasn't getting Pehl's minutes last year. Was this because he just didn't have the body to compete yet? I see him being stuck behind a log-jam this year again. Has a guy ever been red-shirted his sophomore year after not playing his freshman year for reasons other than medical?

I really don't know what to expect from the newcomers, but here are my best guesses:

C Tuttle, So..........25
    PF Koch, Sr...........27
    SF Sonnen, Sr.......28
    SG James, Sr.........27
    PG Deon, So..........26
    Rank, Jr................19
    Bohannon, Fr.........17
    Buss, So...............14
    Olivier, Fr..............11
    Pehl, Sr.................6
    Singleton, So.........5
    Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Re: Predict the minutes 2012-13

Nice job. I think you are pretty close with 2 exceptions.

Olivier won't get anywhere near double digit minutes.

You left off Max Martino. He is going to see the floor, he's a very good long perimeter defender.
    #MACtion

Comment

I have the feeling Olivier will play a bigger role than we think. The only role and reason i can think of is to draw the defenders off of tuttle. my thinking is olivier/koch, olivier/tuttle would be a big man/post combo like echinique and mcdermott, or eggsalad and adam koch. if olivier can hold his own and be able to control his area down low.just a thought

Comment

Also, Morrison. I meant to give him 11 minutes but left him off when I transfered it from a word document. Martino was a complete oversight. Maybe 13 for Morrison and 10 for Martino?
        Last edited by Hail Our Panthers; 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM.
        Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

I think we may see the return of the line change.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

sonnen 28 at 1/2
            AJ 25 at 1/2/3
            mitchell 24 at 1
            morrison 12 at 1/2
            bohannon 12 at 2/3
            martino 5 at 2/3
            rank 22 at 3/4
            koch 26 at 4/5
            tuttle 24 at 4/5
            pehl 6 at 5
            olivier 8 at 4/5
            buss 5 at 3/4
            singleton 3 at 3/4

there will be games where singleton, buss, olivier, and martino do not play.
            Last edited by 9YRPLAN; 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

This is how I see it

Mitchell 24
              Sonnen 27
              ANTHONY JAMES 24
              Koch 22
              Tuttle 22
              Rank 20
              Morrison 18
              Bohannon 15
              Buss 10
              Pehl 10
              Singleton 8
              Martino 5
              Olivier 5

I really think that the question marks are with Buss, Singleton, and Olivier. All 3 of these I think could work themselves in to a nice role but could also spend most of the time on the bench. The starting 5 will get their minutes but at the same time Jake likes to have legs in February and March. Rank and Morrison will be first off the the bench with Bohannon close behind. Pehl will get time but how much depends on the style, and Martino will play when situation warrants. Like I said Buss, Singleton and Olivier are the wild cards. Last year I think the game was just to fast for Marvin and it will be interesting to see what he can do. Buss with improved defense could be big for us, and Chris I really think has the skills, but effort has seemed to be a question according to some people. It will be interesting to see how the Coaches play their cards this year.

Comment

I like your numbers achrist, and only 9 guys will see the floor 2/3rd of our games..
                I like your minutes with Olivier, and hoping he lights a fire under his arse,otherwise my bold predictoin is, he gone next year
                http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0320...nesh13_400.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X