WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RPI Comparison Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley was 12th info conference RPI last year, currently 7th and projected 8th this year. Huge improvement, hopefully a strong finish to the OOC to stay in up there. Should be a 2 bid league barring an OOC collapse and top teams losing to a Drake/Indy St cellar dwellers.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Of note, in the ESPN RPI (different, unrelated formula from what the thread topic is), UNI is 19. Highest metric I think I've seen for UNI this year. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rpi/_/sort/RPI

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        Of note, in the ESPN RPI (different, unrelated formula from what the thread topic is), UNI is 19. Highest metric I think I've seen for UNI this year. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rpi/_/sort/RPI

Highest in the state. The "team out east" is 4 and 6 with the #219 RPI. Hee, hee, hee. This is going to be a long season for ICCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

Highest in the state. The "team out east" is 4 and 6 with the #219 RPI. Hee, hee, hee. This is going to be a long season for ICCC.
          And I think that actually improved after their loss last night.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
            Yep. And the problem at ICCC isn't going to be fixed easily. They DON'T HAVE A POINT GUARD. Bohannon is doing a good job, but he ought to be a shooting guard.
            Cook just doesn't seem to know what to do if he can't dunk.

Comment

• Can we stop calling Iowa whatever petty "rival" names we've seen thrown around here?

We all love it when we get nalled NIU or a small directional school.
              I'm sure Iowa State fans completely embrace the "Clowns" name.

"People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
              -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                Can we stop calling Iowa whatever petty "rival" names we've seen thrown around here?

We all love it when we get nalled NIU or a small directional school.
                I'm sure Iowa State fans completely embrace the "Clowns" name.
                No.

The reasons for "ICCC [or SEIU]" and "NIU" are completely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post

No.

Are they, other than disrespect?
                  "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

No.

I dont like the ICCC name, it makes the real ICCC look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

I dont like the ICCC name, it makes the real ICCC look bad.
                      Alright, now that is a good reason not to use that one. My personal preference is AIB-East.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                        Are they, other than disrespect?
                        Let's say your name is Michele. And one day I misspell it "Michelle." Then the next day, I misspell it, "Turd."

Comment

Let's say your name is Michele. And one day I misspell it "Michelle." Then the next day, I misspell it, "Turd."
                          So...disrespect. Got it.

Great.

Let it be known you will never be allowed to ***** about NIU, or any directional school slams, without me making sure to point out the hypocrisy of it.

Comment

• Iowa sympathizer.

Comment

• I'm for whatever anyone wants to call that school. This is a Panther board and I've personally witnessed their fans get butthurt because UNI has dared to take away their spotlight, oh so many times. They and their fans can pound sand. Anyone that's offended by that is welcome to head over to Hawkeye Nation or whatever they call their board. Go Panthers!
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                              X