WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Basketball All-Access to Debut Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Basketball All-Access to Debut Friday

The premiere episode of UNI Basketball All-Access will debut on Comcast SportsNet Chicago on Fri., Jan. 2, 2015, at 4:30 p.m. (CT).
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Re: UNI Basketball All-Access to Debut Friday

I'm so excited about this!! That intro video in itself gives me goosebumps. What an outstanding opportunity for our program!
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

This looks fantastic. How are we just now hearing about this?
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        They've been keeping it very, very hush-hush.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

So exciting! What a great year to do this, too!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            "We're" just now hearing about this since the program is ready to begin showing weekly episodes. It's been in the works for quite some time with the filming beginning in November, but many of us who knew about it didn't want to blow the cover on this series. A great opportunity for positive exposure for our program!

Comment

Comcast is listing the event as "Highlights and updates on Huskies hoops."

Comment

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
                Good ol NIU.
                Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Very cool to see something like this being done, hope it gets a few more fans to want to come see a game, perfect timing as well with a 11-1 record in the top 25 !
                  Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
                    So that's how they sold this to Comcast. Boy are they going to be surprised come Friday.

Comment

Just set the DVR to record this series! Can't wait!

Comment

Here's the Courier article. This is so exciting.

Comment

Wow. That seems really awesome. Having things like this should really help with building our image and recruiting. Are other schools doing anything like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                            I'm so excited about this!! That intro video in itself gives me goosebumps. What an outstanding opportunity for our program!
                            I agree. This will be a neat show. Neat to see a great coach and hear how he speaks to the team.

Watching it, though, seems like advertising what a great coach we have. Hopefully, he understands how unhappy he would be elsewhere. I would think that if we reach our potential this year there will be ADs thinking, I wonder what Jake could do with some 4-5 star recruits? I'm not sure he would do much better with them. Watching the OSU-UofI game yesterday, the attitude seemed to be, "We're do good. We don't have to play defense. We'll just score more."

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                              I agree. This will be a neat show. Neat to see a great coach and hear how he speaks to the team.

Watching it, though, seems like advertising what a great coach we have. Hopefully, he understands how unhappy he would be elsewhere. I would think that if we reach our potential this year there will be ADs thinking, I wonder what Jake could do with some 4-5 star recruits? I'm not sure he would do much better with them. Watching the OSU-UofI game yesterday, the attitude seemed to be, "We're do good. We don't have to play defense. We'll just score more."
                              One, I'm happy he's here and hope he stays forever, but I don't know how anyone can assume he would be "unhappy" elsewhere.

Two, Iowa barely broke 70 points in their win yesterday. Not exactly an offensive display.

Comment

Working...
                              X