WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN3 -- The Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN3 -- The Valley

So what are we able to get from Panther vision that we can't get through ESPN3 now?

Comment

Panther Vision becomes obsolete. We'll be producing games at a higher level and sending them to ESPN3 rather than through our own stream.

With our video upgrades last year, we're way ahead and won't have to invest much more to be ready to go. Softball is the only one that we're going to need to bring up to standard.
      #MACtion

Comment

This agreement does not cover football, to my reading. PV will be staying around until MVFC can replicate what MVC has put together.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Doesn't sound like we'll get to hear Rima either.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
            Doesn't sound like we'll get to hear Rima either.
            No reason you should. This is a completely different rights package. There's also no way that ESPN3 would pay Learfield just because some UNI fans want to hear Rima's voice. Just basing that on what I've read. Correct me if wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
              This agreement does not cover football, to my reading. PV will be staying around until MVFC can replicate what MVC has put together.

Not quite.

Schools have the option of producing football broadcasts but won't be required to like they Will in other sports. I suspect UNI will make games available because the infrastructure is already in place in the Dome.
              #MACtion

Comment

Trying to understand why UNI AD would hand over fb broadcasts for probably no new dollars when a system (PV) that generates $$$ is already in place.-maybe not a lot of dollars, but some. Could also hurt ticket sales, in theory.

Comment

Trying to understand why UNI AD would hand over fb broadcasts for probably no new dollars when a system (PV) that generates $$$ is already in place.-maybe not a lot of dollars, but some. Could also hurt ticket sales, in theory.

Advertising money? I assume that there is more money to be had with advertising than with the subscription setup

Comment

It's all opaque - I have no informed knowledge of what the PV subscriptions bring in on an annual basis. A thousand subscriptions (probably the upper possible limit) would be $100k.

Comment

It's all opaque - I have no informed knowledge of what the PV subscriptions bring in on an annual basis. A thousand subscriptions (probably the upper possible limit) would be $100k.

From my understading, the web stream is barely break-even in a great year.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
                        This does not include football. Sounds like Basketball and Olympic Sports.

not to derail thread, but its an embarrassment that the MVC hasn't combined all their teams from football into basketball, Olympic sports, etc.
                        UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                          not to derail thread, but its an embarrassment that the MVC hasn't combined all their teams from football into basketball, Olympic sports, etc.
                          that would totally weaken the conference and turn the RPI to ****e.

Comment

The embarrassment would be allowing that cluster **** to happen until the absolute last second. No way do I want the Dakota schools, Youngstown St and Western Illinois mucking up our basketball, volleyball, etc... It's bad enough we have Drake and Bradley.

Comment

Come on Lakes, you don't really want this. It would just complicate NDSU joining the BCS.

Comment

that's true, NDSU should be P5
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X