WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN3 -- The Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN3 -- The Valley

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
    that's true, NDSU should be P5
    Gotcha! I was being sarcastic.

Comment

This is a tremendous development, especially now that ESPN3 is essentially ubiquitous.

I'm very interested in how they work the students in. I've thought, for years, they should create a platform for the kids majoring in this stuff to have a small or large hand in producing a broadcast. You can't learn this stuff farting around in Lang Hall. You can when you're court side.

I also suppose it will be the Brad Wells and Eric Braley show.

Comment

i thought the MVFC had a deal with ESPN3 also???

I watched lots of conference football games on the network last year?

and yes i know this is the MVC your talking about but i think Both conferences have deals

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          i thought the MVFC had a deal with ESPN3 also???

I watched lots of conference football games on the network last year?

and yes i know this is the MVC your talking about but i think Both conferences have deals
          You're right, but I don't believe they are part of this extension/expansion of coverage. Im not sure how this will affect football, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            You're right, but I don't believe they are part of this extension/expansion of coverage. Im not sure how this will affect football, if at all.
            My only thought was that it would boost the quality of football schools that are also in the MVC for basketball (thinking specifically of Indiana State). I have little to no idea how that stuff works though, so I don't know if it's feasible.

Comment

A tangent, but I did notice that a large number of MVC/MVFC teams have transitioned to sidearm sports for streaming service.

UNI
              NDSU
              Wichita state
              Illinois state
              Evansville
              Western Illinois
              South Dakota

Also hosting Iowa state and big sky conference. Possible that UNI's streaming package could cover most of the away fb games this year with some sort of rebroadcast agreements.

Unfortunately, past games are not currently available for viewing. Don't know if there are plans for that to happen or not.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                A tangent, but I did notice that a large number of MVC/MVFC teams have transitioned to sidearm sports for streaming service.

UNI
                NDSU
                Wichita state
                Illinois state
                Evansville
                Western Illinois
                South Dakota

Also hosting Iowa state and big sky conference. Possible that UNI's streaming package could cover most of the away fb games this year with some sort of rebroadcast agreements.

Unfortunately, past games are not currently available for viewing. Don't know if there are plans for that to happen or not.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
                What is the roll of sidearm sports now? I don't get it. Is there still going to be a paid subscription service along with ESPN3?
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

certainly looks like it

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                    What is the roll of sidearm sports now? I don't get it. Is there still going to be a paid subscription service along with ESPN3?
                    not everyone has access to espn3 (at least not legally, without having to change their cable/internet provider), so there is still a role for subscription streaming.

Now whether there is enough of niche to warrant the costs, or whether ESPN wants "exclusive" rights to everything, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      not everyone has access to espn3 (at least not legally, without having to change their cable/internet provider), so there is still a role for subscription streaming.

Now whether there is enough of niche to warrant the costs, or whether ESPN wants "exclusive" rights to everything, I don't know.
                      I guess the main part of my question was if they are on ESPN3 will they be allowed on the subscription streaming service also.
                      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

the AD staff needs to figure out that issue soon - and clearly explain what is and what is not included in a given offering. The last thing they want to do is introduce a new "great" package that ends up creating hard feelings amongst subscribers.

Comment

Took my own counsel on this, and contacted Colin McDonough of UNI AD staff. A shoutout to him for a prompt and complete response, which is below for anyone wondering.

Also thank you to all of the MVC & MVFC ADs and staff for getting this setup arranged. Its great for people that live outside the easy driving range of CF and other campuses.

===========

Thank you for the question. All five of UNI's home football games this season will be available on ESPN3 (the first four games will be simulcasts of the Panther Sports TV Network broadcasts). The final home game will a Missouri Valley Football Conference telecast via ESPN3.

The Iowa State road game will be on Cyclones.TV (mediacom in the state of Iowa and some outlying states). The Cal Poly game will be available on the American Sports Network (check your local listings).

The other road games will all be available on ESPN3 (Illinois State, North Dakota State, South Dakota State and Missouri State).

The Valley ESPN3 deal does not apply to the Missouri Valley Football Conference (but we are going to supply ESPN3 our home football games).

There will not be video streaming of games through UNIPanthers.com (SIDEARM) - because of the ESPN3 deal with the MVC.

We will provide live audio on UNIPanthers.com (SIDEARM) free of charge for football, volleyball, women's basketball and men's basketball. We hope to soon launch a channel on TuneIn.com that will also provide the audio of our events.

If you have any more questions, let me know and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Comment

Took my own counsel on this, and contacted Colin McDonough of UNI AD staff. A shoutout to him for a prompt and complete response, which is below for anyone wondering.

Also thank you to all of the MVC & MVFC ADs and staff for getting this setup arranged. Its great for people that live outside the easy driving range of CF and other campuses.

===========
                            So there will be no football or mens basketball games broadcast on UNIpanthers.com?

Comment

audio only - free of charge

Comment

audio only - free of charge
                                Awesome - so we can listen to Rima and watch CyclonesTV.

Comment

Working...
                                X