WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Someday its my hope that every game is packed to rafters like today, regardless of the other teams name and/or ranking. Such an amazing and exhausting day

Comment

Sounds like Eric Coleman was back in town and practiced with the team to help them get ready.

Also Niang, Morris and another ISU player was at the game tiday.

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
        Sounds like Eric Coleman was back in town and practiced with the team to help them get ready.

Also Niang, Morris and another ISU player was at the game tiday.
        That's good to know about Coleman. It sounds like he's matured and put whatever ill will he may have felt towards Jacobson in the past, where it belongs. On that note, I wonder if guys like Jason Daisy and Jason Sims were invited to and at the game the way they were for the WSU game at home last season.

As a dual fan, that's awesome that ISU was representing today as well. I saw somebody in what looks like a cardinal-colored shirt rush onto the court in the YouTube video of the court storming that looks like he could be Naz-sized. I seriously doubt it, but had me wondering for a moment.

Comment

Sonnen was back today as well. It's always great to see former Panthers back in the McLeod

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
            Sonnen was back today as well. It's always great to see former Panthers back in the McLeod
            So was Max Martino...

Comment

Also, almost forgot to say. Interlude should only be played if the gym is packed and we are playing well.

Comment

Damn that was a game! WhooooHoooo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                  So was Max Martino...
                  Austin Pehl was there as well. but I think his family has season tickets, so not as surprising.

Comment

Chip Rank was sitting with Martino
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I think we are ranked around #26. It matters where we are at on Selection Sunday. The best way in is the automatic bid. However, if we can keep the losses in single digits that would be an at large bid. Losses hurt more than wins help.

Comment

Add Tanner Lohaus to the list as well

Comment

The thing I expected in the last 5 (or at least 2) minutes was a hard full court press. We had demonstrated that in half court play, we could out score them on a per possession basis.
                          In 2010, Kansas responded to a deficit in the last few minutes by pressing hard - and it nearly worked. NCU* didn't seem to make any significant adjustments.

*fun with mistaking the acronym spelling of directional state schools

Comment

Adam Rodenburg and Lucas O'Rear were sitting near Sonnen.

Adam Koch was sitting with his family.

Add Jake Koch and Johnny Moran on the team bench and we could have put a pretty good alumni team on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                              Also, almost forgot to say. Interlude should only be played if the gym is packed and we are playing well.
                              I personally agree, interlude has been done to death over the years. But still good to bring back for special occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                                I personally agree, interlude has been done to death over the years. But still good to bring back for special occasions.
                                While I tend to agree overall, doing less often means less people, students in particular, will know it. Or feel comfortable to do it. We were begging for it at the 8 minute timeout. Glad we did it, added a lot of energy during a timeout and kept everybody in it during a stretch that typically is the hardest part of a big upset.

All in all, I'd play it almost every game. If for no other reason just that people know it well for those big games/moments.

Comment

Working...
                                X