WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckycat
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by catsize View Post
    Williams won't do some gimmick. If he can play a little, he will start and see limited time. If not, we won't see gimmicks.

As for the game, we have got to hit the defensive glass HARD and we have to make our shots.

Make shots lets our defense get back and set.
    Grab defensive rebounds doesn't let UNC score easy buckets against an out-of position group.
    We will have to win this as a group, not by trying to match up talent individual by individual.
    You may be right Cat----maybe you know him better than I do--- but honoring the player that is the only reason Roy brought his team to Cedar Falls is certainly not a "Gimic."

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
    Opening point spread a bit lower than I would have guessed, UNC favored by 6
    Agreed. I was a pretty surprised. Thought they'd open -12 or so.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied

Opening point spread a bit lower than I would have guessed, UNC favored by 6

Leave a comment:

• catsize
    replied

Williams won't do some gimmick. If he can play a little, he will start and see limited time. If not, we won't see gimmicks.

As for the game, we have got to hit the defensive glass HARD and we have to make our shots.

Make shots lets our defense get back and set.
    Grab defensive rebounds doesn't let UNC score easy buckets against an out-of position group.
    We will have to win this as a group, not by trying to match up talent individual by individual.

Leave a comment:

• CincyPanther88
    replied

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Roy could name him as a starter, have him introduced, not send him out and live with a 1 FT Administrative technical, I would imagine.
    Better idea: We line up for the center jump and intentionally allow Paige to score a layup then they allow us to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Originally posted by Luckycat View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Marcus dressed and start----then pulled.
    Roy could name him as a starter, have him introduced, not send him out and live with a 1 FT Administrative technical, I would imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Luckycat
    replied

I would not be surprised to see Marcus dressed and start----then pulled.

Leave a comment:

• panther-state
    replied

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
    Of course he could have come to UNI and played up the road from his family all 4 years.
    At least he didn't sign the letter first. Sorry, are we past that?

Leave a comment:

• 95UNIGRAD
    replied

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    Well said. Would have been a fun atmosphere for him, too. Plus side is he got to see his family.
    Of course he could have come to UNI and played up the road from his family all 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• OhNewby
    replied

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    gotta think we squeeze the pack line defense pretty far and make them beat us from 3? That's my simplistic game strategy

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
    Glad we got the game because of him, but terrible break for that young man - he's waited his entire college career to play in his home state in front of friends and family.
    Well said. Would have been a fun atmosphere for him, too. Plus side is he got to see his family.

Leave a comment:

• Trapped in California
    replied

Writeup by SB Nation

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2015/11/2...-northern-iowa

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied

Just reading through some of the UNC boards they seem to be a nervous bunch. I guess I would feel the same if UNI was ranked #1 in MBB. Hopefully we can do some sort of recognition for Paige even though he will not play. Feel for the guy. He's had a heck of a career.

Leave a comment:

• 95UNIGRAD
    replied

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Paige not playing tomorrow per Gary Parrish of CBSSports.

That really stinks. Feel terrible for him and, selfishly, I really wanted to see him play in person.
    Glad we got the game because of him, but terrible break for that young man - he's waited his entire college career to play in his home state in front of friends and family.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Paige not playing tomorrow per Gary Parrish of CBSSports.

That really stinks. Feel terrible for him and, selfishly, I really wanted to see him play in person.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X