WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
    Wes picked a good time to have a great game: 21 pts (9/15), 8 asts, 3 rebs, 2 stls

If I recall from Rima's OPR interview with Colin McDonough last week, there were NBA scouts from 5 or more teams in attendance on Saturday. If Wes continues to put up good stats this season, I feel like his athleticism would give him an outside shot at a spot in The Association. Thoughts?

I don't see him being a fit in the NBA. He would never see such wide open lanes. And his layups from a few feet out where he seems to just elevate above everyone else probably won't work in the NBA. Now, I could see him being a star in Europe because his style of play is so fresh and different.

Comment

Wes picked a good time to have a great game: 21 pts (9/15), 8 asts, 3 rebs, 2 stls

If I recall from Rima's OPR interview with Colin McDonough last week, there were NBA scouts from 5 or more teams in attendance on Saturday. If Wes continues to put up good stats this season, I feel like his athleticism would give him an outside shot at a spot in The Association. Thoughts?
      I would think that Morgan might get consideration if he can show he can handle the ball a little more.

Then again, our team really isn't built on picking up NBA talent.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
        I don't see him being a fit in the NBA. He would never see such wide open lanes. And his layups from a few feet out where he seems to just elevate above everyone else probably won't work in the NBA. Now, I could see him being a star in Europe because his style of play is so fresh and different.
        You're probably correct, but those 5 guys giving him the open lanes might all be in the NBA!

Comment

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
          You're probably correct, but those 5 guys giving him the open lanes might all be in the NBA!

Maybe 1 out of 5 times. The other 4 some quick monster sized guy steps in the way.

Comment

I think Newby was referring to the players at NC. I'm not quite sure what you were saying in that context dad.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I know I can watch the replay on ESPN3, but does anyone know if the full game will be added to YouTube? I'd like to be able to go back and watch it after it in the future and it will get taken down from ESPN3 in a couple weeks.
              Or, maybe a better question, does anyone know how to download from ESPN3? Is that even possible?
              Go to Youtube and search "North Carolina vs Northern Iowa" Up yesterday, and can say crowd sounded as loud on TV as it did in person.

Comment

UNI's Facebook page posted this video a couple hours ago. Pretty neat video IMO. https://www.facebook.com/universityo...3376731399069/

Comment

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                  UNI's Facebook page posted this video a couple hours ago. Pretty neat video IMO. https://www.facebook.com/universityo...3376731399069/
                  I paused the video on Wes's dunk. Some of the facial expressions in the stands as he throws it down were awesome.
                  "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Were the bleachers above the alumni suite not used for this game????
                    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                      I could be wrong but I think that will be the panther (booze) patio now.

Comment

Kind of fun tonight to be watching North Carolina playing the Purple Cats and rooting for the Tar Heels.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                          Yes they were

Comment

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                            I could be wrong but I think that will be the panther (booze) patio now.
                            Panther Patio is on the east side, top deck. They have 2 banners on columns.

Comment

Carolina not looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post

They were not. That section was blocked off for a "private party" apparently, the bleachers were folded in and they had tables set up.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X