WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pantherUNIverse
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Good to see Wes' face popping up on ESPN's basketball home page. Insider article though which I don't have access to

Leave a comment:

• unipanthers8907
    replied

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    I disagree. I think UNI would have no problem whatsoever putting 20K in the Dome for this. Especially with being able to sell individual game tix, which would be the case in that situation.
    Absolutely. I work at ISU and I had quite a few coworkers who don't follow UNI whatsoever, but they wanted to know how they could get tickets to the McLeod Center to go see UNC play. They seemed pretty disappointed that there were no single game tickets. We could definitely get 20K+ in The Dome for this game.

Leave a comment:

• 06panther10
    replied
    Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    The original Uni home game against Iowa drew 22,000 to the dome.

I think you could put this game in the dome and you wouldn't sell 22,000 tickets. This time of year is all about football in the media. I think Kwwl talks about the upcoming Hawkeyes game in every segment including the weather.

I can see calling this game, last years WSU game, and the original Iowa in the dome game as the biggest and make a good argument.

I disagree. I think UNI would have no problem whatsoever putting 20K in the Dome for this. Especially with being able to sell individual game tix, which would be the case in that situation.

Leave a comment:

• run&blade
    replied

The original Uni home game against Iowa drew 22,000 to the dome.

I think you could put this game in the dome and you wouldn't sell 22,000 tickets. This time of year is all about football in the media. I think Kwwl talks about the upcoming Hawkeyes game in every segment including the weather.

I can see calling this game, last years WSU game, and the original Iowa in the dome game as the biggest and make a good argument.

Leave a comment:

• Moose39
    replied

I just needed to put something in the text box until I could get photos up... Cmon, guys...

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

Originally posted by harry joy View Post
    Biggest game in the Mcleod: January 31, 2015
    #18 Northern Iowa vs. #12 Wichita State
    First Valley game between ranked opponents in 33 years

The Wichita State game was "bigger" in terms of significance for UNI in the season, but North Carolina is the "biggest" stand alone game. It would have been terrible for the season for us to lose to WSU at home, but it won't be if we lose to UNC.

Nonetheless, I hope we play against UNC as if our season is at stake. If we play like we did against WSU, we can win.

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied

Originally posted by harry joy View Post
    I agree with this.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied

Looking at their first few games I think we could have a definite advantage at the 3 point line. They appear to not shoot it the best, but who knows for sure this season. It would probably be to our advantage to pound the ball inside and try to get them in foul trouble.

Leave a comment:

• harry joy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    Stating opinions that alcohol should be for everyone or no one is no considered acting like a child.

Boy when debating issues some of you people make a point or two and then turn right to personal attacks. I guess that is the era we live in now. No other opinions allowed.

I suppose you yell at the neighbor kids to keep off your lawn also.

Alcohol will eventually be for sale to everybody. I just think it is silly to take baby steps when the ultimate destination is obvious.
    Kennedy Meeks going to be hawking Miller Lite on Saturday??

Leave a comment:

• run&blade
    replied

Stating opinions that alcohol should be for everyone or no one is now considered acting like a child.

Boy when debating issues some of you people make a point or two and then turn right to personal attacks. I guess that is the era we live in now. No other opinions allowed.

Some people really lack skills when it comes to discussing things they don't agree with. You hit the nuclear option almost instantly. "He doesn't agree, must be some sort of butthole, let's get him". That is basically your attitude. Interesting look into society.

I suppose you yell at the neighbor kids to keep off your lawn also.

Alcohol will eventually be for sale to everybody. I just think it is silly to take baby steps when the ultimate destination is obvious.
    Last edited by run&blade; 11-19-2015, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• '70 Grad
    replied

Just the title of this thread is amazing! (Equal to "Up next: Kansas", but this is in CF!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Purrrrrfect
    replied

i got big money on the Panthers! this is my lottery day!!!

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
    Is it the biggest home game ever? Bigger than the first Iowa game?
    Yes. The #1 team in the country is playing on our floor.

The Iowa game was huge for other reasons, but as a pure basketball game this is it!

Leave a comment:

• CincyPanther88
    replied

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
    Biggest game in McCleod History!
    Is it the biggest home game ever? Bigger than the first Iowa game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X