WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ubuntuCAT
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Were the bleachers above the alumni suite not used for this game????

Leave a comment:

• domedays
    replied

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
    UNI's Facebook page posted this video a couple hours ago. Pretty neat video IMO. https://www.facebook.com/universityo...3376731399069/
    I paused the video on Wes's dunk. Some of the facial expressions in the stands as he throws it down were awesome.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied

UNI's Facebook page posted this video a couple hours ago. Pretty neat video IMO. https://www.facebook.com/universityo...3376731399069/

Leave a comment:

• Username
    replied

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
    I know I can watch the replay on ESPN3, but does anyone know if the full game will be added to YouTube? I'd like to be able to go back and watch it after it in the future and it will get taken down from ESPN3 in a couple weeks.
    Or, maybe a better question, does anyone know how to download from ESPN3? Is that even possible?
    Go to Youtube and search "North Carolina vs Northern Iowa" Up yesterday, and can say crowd sounded as loud on TV as it did in person.

Leave a comment:

• GonzoCat
    replied

I think Newby was referring to the players at NC. I'm not quite sure what you were saying in that context dad.

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
    You're probably correct, but those 5 guys giving him the open lanes might all be in the NBA!

Maybe 1 out of 5 times. The other 4 some quick monster sized guy steps in the way.

Leave a comment:

• OhNewby
    replied

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    I don't see him being a fit in the NBA. He would never see such wide open lanes. And his layups from a few feet out where he seems to just elevate above everyone else probably won't work in the NBA. Now, I could see him being a star in Europe because his style of play is so fresh and different.
    You're probably correct, but those 5 guys giving him the open lanes might all be in the NBA!

Leave a comment:

• Khan4Cats
    replied

Wes picked a good time to have a great game: 21 pts (9/15), 8 asts, 3 rebs, 2 stls

If I recall from Rima's OPR interview with Colin McDonough last week, there were NBA scouts from 5 or more teams in attendance on Saturday. If Wes continues to put up good stats this season, I feel like his athleticism would give him an outside shot at a spot in The Association. Thoughts?
    I would think that Morgan might get consideration if he can show he can handle the ball a little more.

Then again, our team really isn't built on picking up NBA talent.

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

Wes picked a good time to have a great game: 21 pts (9/15), 8 asts, 3 rebs, 2 stls

If I recall from Rima's OPR interview with Colin McDonough last week, there were NBA scouts from 5 or more teams in attendance on Saturday. If Wes continues to put up good stats this season, I feel like his athleticism would give him an outside shot at a spot in The Association. Thoughts?

I don't see him being a fit in the NBA. He would never see such wide open lanes. And his layups from a few feet out where he seems to just elevate above everyone else probably won't work in the NBA. Now, I could see him being a star in Europe because his style of play is so fresh and different.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Paul Jesperson is the only senior that has a chance at getting a look. He's long, a plus shooter, a plus defender, and scouts will like that he played/started in the ACC.

Wes is just too short and doesn't handle the ball well enough to play point guard at that level. He could have a very nice career in Europe if he chooses to.

Leave a comment:

• panther-state
    replied

Height. Would probably get some undrafted interest but perhaps that's what you're saying.

Leave a comment:

• unipanthers8907
    replied

Leave a comment:

• '70 Grad
    replied

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
    Just so proud of the team for believing in themselves and Coach Jake's system. We played far from a perfect game. All of our past huge victories have come after jumping out ahead and holding on, this one we were down 16 in the second half! But they stuck with it, played with intensity and unselfishness and put it together. It was like North Carolina felt like they took a few jabs from us then landed some big blows and thought it was over. We kept jabbing back and when we were suddenly tied with 10 to go, they couldn't figure how to land the finishing blow and we just kept jabbing and jabbing until they were done. Not one big thing, but a whole team thing.

Wes played a great game facilitating, scoring, bringing the emotion.
    Ted put together probably the best 0 point performance in UNI history.
    Jeremy keys so much on defense, his absence the last 8 minutes of the first half is what allowed that lead to grow.

but the one I want to single out is Bohannon. This is Matt's team. He was the one calling the shots on the floor, keeping Wes' energy contained and focused (several times pulling back the reins as the game wound down with us leading and keeping Wes from rushing something). It was Matt who called the timeout when Wes was trapped and sealed off hard on the rebound when we were up 3 with a minute to go to force the over the back call then calmly sank both FTs to put us up 5. The anguish on his face when he was called for the foul on the scrum with 30 seconds left but just getting away from the situation...

Now, let's not let this be the only thing we look back fondly on this year....
    Post "like"

All excellent insights. As I said above, Bo is showing his senior status.

Leave a comment:

• Panther-at-Arms
    replied

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
    İ watched the replay as well. We played far from a perfect game. Ted Friedman had two hustle plays in the second half. One was under our basket and led to a Jeremy Morgan 3 pointer. The other was the scrum at half court. He also changed the ae woth his defense.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    That wasn't a scrum. That was a ruck. #petpeeve

Leave a comment:

• UNIhoops
    replied

Love the Koch family. My only problem was the the light blue dress shirt Jake Koch was wearing at the game. Has to be great having him and Moran giving advice on the bench. I had lots of memories of Moran when the guys were diving for the loose balls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X