WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• otter
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Thanks Pttb

Leave a comment:

• Panthers to the Bone
    replied

Phyfe took one of the two 2017 scholys.
    Brown (from Texas) took the final 2016 scholy.

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

How many more spots do we have left for 2017? Down to 1 after the kid from Texas committed correct?

Leave a comment:

• Panthers to the Bone
    replied

Carlson returns Wednesday.
    McCloud, Lohaus, and Myles Hansen (Minnesota) was there. Hansen hasn't committed anywhere but is obviously a top recruit of theirs. Davison may have also been there.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied

Yea, Klint should be back this week, it was a 3 game suspension.

Leave a comment:

• 95UNIGRAD
    replied

I believe it's three games - can't remember if I actually heard that was the number somewhere, or just that that's been Jacobsen's punishment in the past for offenses of this nature. If so, he's back for the next time the Panthers play.

Leave a comment:

• UNIhoops
    replied

I think McCloud was talking to Tanner behind the bench.

Did we have any recruits in the building that haven't committed to UNI?

After the game at dinner the bar tender came up and said congrats on the win. He said I heard you guys played a perfect game. I told him we played really well, but missed a couple of open lay-ups, several free-throws, wide open 3's, and the bench hardly scored. I think it says a lot about how good we have become that we don't have to play perfect games to beat good teams. I think this proves to the fanbase and most importantly to the players that we can beat anyone. Wes, Bo, and Paul will not let this team lose without a fight.

Love that Klint will soon be coming back to add even more depth and hustle. When does he return??

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
    Was the PG recruit from Wisconsin behind the bench too? Egelseder was in attendance as well. It's great to see games like this bring people back to town and keep them engaged with the program.
    I looked down behind the bench at one time and thought I saw McCloud, but I'm not positive.

Leave a comment:

• hoopfan
    replied

Originally posted by otter View Post
    Add Tanner Lohaus to the list as well
    Was the PG recruit from Wisconsin behind the bench too? Egelseder was in attendance as well. It's great to see games like this bring people back to town and keep them engaged with the program.

Leave a comment:

• Zakelsta
    replied

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
    I personally agree, interlude has been done to death over the years. But still good to bring back for special occasions.
    While I tend to agree overall, doing less often means less people, students in particular, will know it. Or feel comfortable to do it. We were begging for it at the 8 minute timeout. Glad we did it, added a lot of energy during a timeout and kept everybody in it during a stretch that typically is the hardest part of a big upset.

All in all, I'd play it almost every game. If for no other reason just that people know it well for those big games/moments.

Leave a comment:

• in_the_stands
    replied

Originally posted by sivert View Post
    Also, almost forgot to say. Interlude should only be played if the gym is packed and we are playing well.
    I personally agree, interlude has been done to death over the years. But still good to bring back for special occasions.

Leave a comment:

• Khan4Cats
    replied

Adam Rodenburg and Lucas O'Rear were sitting near Sonnen.

Adam Koch was sitting with his family.

Add Jake Koch and Johnny Moran on the team bench and we could have put a pretty good alumni team on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• sivert
    replied

The thing I expected in the last 5 (or at least 2) minutes was a hard full court press. We had demonstrated that in half court play, we could out score them on a per possession basis.
    In 2010, Kansas responded to a deficit in the last few minutes by pressing hard - and it nearly worked. NCU* didn't seem to make any significant adjustments.

*fun with mistaking the acronym spelling of directional state schools

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

Add Tanner Lohaus to the list as well

Leave a comment:

• Panther100
    replied

I think we are ranked around #26. It matters where we are at on Selection Sunday. The best way in is the automatic bid. However, if we can keep the losses in single digits that would be an at large bid. Losses hurt more than wins help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X