WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyCarp
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Chip Rank was sitting with Martino

Leave a comment:

• Zakelsta
    replied

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
    So was Max Martino...
    Austin Pehl was there as well. but I think his family has season tickets, so not as surprising.

Leave a comment:

• Stebs Amusements
    replied

Damn that was a game! WhooooHoooo!!

Leave a comment:

• sivert
    replied

Also, almost forgot to say. Interlude should only be played if the gym is packed and we are playing well.

Leave a comment:

• Panther'73
    replied

Originally posted by claw View Post
    Sonnen was back today as well. It's always great to see former Panthers back in the McLeod
    So was Max Martino...

Leave a comment:

• claw
    replied

Sonnen was back today as well. It's always great to see former Panthers back in the McLeod

Leave a comment:

• UNIChippewa
    replied

Originally posted by otter View Post
    Sounds like Eric Coleman was back in town and practiced with the team to help them get ready.

Also Niang, Morris and another ISU player was at the game tiday.
    That's good to know about Coleman. It sounds like he's matured and put whatever ill will he may have felt towards Jacobson in the past, where it belongs. On that note, I wonder if guys like Jason Daisy and Jason Sims were invited to and at the game the way they were for the WSU game at home last season.

As a dual fan, that's awesome that ISU was representing today as well. I saw somebody in what looks like a cardinal-colored shirt rush onto the court in the YouTube video of the court storming that looks like he could be Naz-sized. I seriously doubt it, but had me wondering for a moment.

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

Sounds like Eric Coleman was back in town and practiced with the team to help them get ready.

Also Niang, Morris and another ISU player was at the game tiday.

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

Someday its my hope that every game is packed to rafters like today, regardless of the other teams name and/or ranking. Such an amazing and exhausting day

Leave a comment:

• Panther100
    replied

I think Carlson is our best overall Post. He has a good shot, can handle the rock, and has decent quickness. Yes, Koch and Friedman rebound better and block more shots. I like our flow the best when we have speed/quickness on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Panthers to the Bone
    replied

Carlson coming back allows Paul to play more at the 3 if needed, plus rest more. I expect Wes to still play 30 min, but everyone else drop below that. Bennett and Ted will probably come in around 35 combined min/game while Klint gets 15-20 min and allows Paul to play the 3. Will be very nice to have Klint back. As much as it helps in the early season for the guys to get lots of minutes, it's not sustainable long term.

Leave a comment:

• Codytwo
    replied

My one complaint is that I don't like our shorts. The gray on the back makes it look like the players wiped their dirty hands on the back of their shorts.

Leave a comment:

• hoopfan
    replied

Ted Friedman can play on my basketball team anytime. He completely changed the tone of the game when he came in. Meeks went from getting the ball under the hoop to getting it 6-8 feet out and having to work for buckets. He's no more limited on the offensive end than Koch is, but he's twice the defender and makes sure his presence is known due to how physical he plays. I don't care if Bennett continues to start as long as Ted can come in and lay the lumber on some people when needed.

Jeremy didn't score as much today, but he did a great job chasing Jackson around in the 2nd half and he was involved in every key defensive stop of the 2nd half when the run was made.

Jesperson was great defensively as well. He was completely out gunned in the post trying to guard Brice Johnson, but he battled all night. It probably had an effect on his shooting, but he played great minutes today.

It will be great to have Carlson back and see how this team responds and builds off this win.

I hope a game like this will bring all the season ticket holders back for more games this year. I could care less at this point if they renew their tickets at the end of the year. I just hope they realize there is a really good product on the court in Cedar Falls this winter and come out and support it.

I would have never thought a day like today was possible when I walked on campus 11 years ago, but I'm real happy I stayed in the Cedar Valley so I can enjoy it year after year.

Leave a comment:

• Purrrrrfect
    replied

wooohooo GO CATS!!!

Thank you betting Gods...you made my bank account very happy and larger!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied

Yeah, unfortunately this game will hurt UNC more than it will help us with respect to the rankings. If we hadn't dropped a home game to CSU, I think we crack the top 25 quite easily, but that loss will keep the voters skeptical.

If we manage to knock off Richmond in two weeks we will easily be ranked the following week when we head on the road to George Mason and New Mexico (assuming no hiccups between now and then).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X