WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    in_the_stands

• in_the_stands
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by MernerAve View Post
    Was in Wichita today and attended the WSU vs. Emporia State game. At halftime the UNI vs. UNC final score was on the big board and the Shocker fans let out a big cheer.
    Wow. Wasn't all that long ago that Shox fans on the ValleyTalk board were saying UNI set MVC basketball back 20 years

Leave a comment:

• Gboom23
    replied

A few thoughts:
    1. Ted's defense was outstanding - very fundamentally sound. I thought we were in for a long day after Meeks put in the first four buckets, but Ted made him disappear in the second half.
    2. They had no answer for Wes one-on-one. He was able to pick his lane and drive at will.
    3. Huge 3-pointers in the second half! Down 50-34 and the game was slipping away when we hit 3 in a row. We have so many guys who are tremendous shooters - makes me think we will never fully be out of a game.

Going into the season, my goal was to get one of the "big names" on the schedule - UNC, ISU, or Oklahoma (assuming we would face them). Would it be too greedy to ask for another one?

Leave a comment:

• Aargh

• Aargh
    replied

I was following Kansas State vs. Iowa State and then the WSU game. I just now went to check other scores around the Valley. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw the UNI/UNC score. Then I saw the #1 in front of UNC and LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

Now, where is that "I am not worthy" emoticon?

A simple congratulations just seems to not be nearly enough.

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas

• DownGoesKansas
    replied

Any recruits at the game?

Leave a comment:

• 95UNIGRAD
    Kaboom

• 95UNIGRAD
    replied

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
    I think our program has earned the right to be considered a "here they go again" win rather than a "who are these guys and where did they come from" win.
    Absolutely correct - 31 wins was only 8 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp

• CyCarp
    replied

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
    I know it is a stretch, but I hope people see this as a good game between two good teams rather than a monumental upset. I really hope they keep the other two games on the schedule, I will definitely go to CH next fall if I can see a Panther game (win)
    I think our program has earned the right to be considered a "here they go again" win rather than a "who are these guys and where did they come from" win.

Leave a comment:

• MernerAve

• MernerAve
    replied

Was in Wichita today and attended the WSU vs. Emporia State game. At halftime the UNI vs. UNC final score was on the big board and the Shocker fans let out a big cheer.

Leave a comment:

• LA_Panther

• LA_Panther
    replied

I'm a bit late to the party, but......WOOO HOOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• Newsbreaker

• Newsbreaker
    replied

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
    I disagree...I think they give us 1 game in CH for revenge...just buyout 1.
    I was mostly kidding, of course. I think so too.

Pretty fun day. On a MAJOR college football day, we're as big a story as anything.

Leave a comment:

• Shoxfan11

• Shoxfan11
    replied

Congrats on the win guys!

Leave a comment:

• Cannic88

• Cannic88
    replied

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
    How hard do you think it will be to get a P5 school into our building now?

I imagine Roy hands over the buyout check for the next two games before he leaves the building.
    I disagree...I think they give us 1 game in CH for revenge...just buyout 1.

Leave a comment:

• Mudrafan

• Mudrafan
    replied

It is wins like this that get us closer to having standalone fans in lieu of dual fans. That is the day that I hope for the most.

Leave a comment:

• Mudrafan

• Mudrafan
    replied

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
    Love it!!!!!

Unfortunately we will now NEVER be able to get a P5 team to come to Cedar Falls again.
    Or Iowa

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied

And that's why high major teams play 90% of their non-conference games at home or on neutral courts.

I rank this win #2 all time ahead of our Wyoming and UNLV wins but still well behind Kansas. No other regular season win even comes close.

What an exciting turn of events in terms of the outlook and expectations for this basketball season.

Leave a comment:

• UNIAlum95
    Purple and Gold

• UNIAlum95
    replied
    Originally posted by panther-state View Post
    I would hope us. Give them a chance to move up in the rankings if we get the upset
    Wasn't close enough to see for myself but feedback is they were openly cheering for UNI.

What a great win... Too bad all the students went out drinking after the win instead of walking to the football game...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X