WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would be fine

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

• Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Epic victory!

North Carolina may never schedule schools from Iowa again!
      Victory for UNI!

Comment

Was I the only one to see Ben Jacobson there? Said hey and instantly thought back to the shot at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
          Was I the only one to see Ben Jacobson there? Said hey and instantly thought back to the shot at WSU.
          No I noticed him too. Man he coached a heck of a game

Comment

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post
            Epic victory!

North Carolina may never schedule schools from Iowa again!
            I think they'd still be fine against Drake.

Comment

I'm bored, but to those looking at the votes for tomorrow, Seth Davis tweeted his top 25. UNI want in that, or his "almost famous" (add he likes to call it) list. Almost famous: Louisville, NDame, Baylor, Valpo, Utah, Tulsa, Michigan, GW, Dayton, West Va, Oregon St, Texas A&M, Yale
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther100 View Post
                Boxing out, Getting to the foul line, three point shooting, and only 6 turnovers were huge.
                Truth. Could have made even more FTs.

Wes is a special athlete. Period. Bo is playing like a senior. Paul would not let us lose. Jeremy made key plays on defense, key plays on offense - just a key player. BK & Ted didn't score a lot but did their job. Impressed with Ted - goes after rebounds, has the weight to defend down low. Wasn't he involved in the loose ball scrum at mid-court too? Arias & Wyatt helped also, but the others were playing way too good to be on the bench for long. (Thank heaven Wes's cramp was resolved quickly!)

The loudest the McLeod has ever been? There were two times Saturday that the noise was all as one - too loud to hear individual sounds. Priceless!!

Comment

Don't think I've seen this posted yet. Pretty good read from the UNC beat writer, Adam Lucas.

Comment

Nice insight from Paige and his mother.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      I'm bored, but to those looking at the votes for tomorrow, Seth Davis tweeted his top 25. UNI want in that, or his "almost famous" (add he likes to call it) list. Almost famous: Louisville, NDame, Baylor, Valpo, Utah, Tulsa, Michigan, GW, Dayton, West Va, Oregon St, Texas A&M, Yale
                      If we took care of business last week against Colorado State we would be in the top 25 no questions asked. Until Colorado State has a chance to prove themselves, that is just a bad loss at home. I understand they are a good team, but if we are talking about being a top 25 school, it needed to be a win.

I think this is the win that can take us there though, if we keep winning we will start to see the Panthers with votes.
                      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

• Originally posted by MernerAve View Post
                        Was in Wichita today and attended the WSU vs. Emporia State game. At halftime the UNI vs. UNC final score was on the big board and the Shocker fans let out a big cheer.
                        What is this that you speak of? Using a video board for scores or stats during a game?

It waa awesome seeing so many former players back. And yes seeing Benny J back in Cedar Falls was great.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by Panther100 View Post
                          Nice insight from Paige and his mother.
                          “They saw him as a freshman at Linn-Mar High School. This gives people who knew him when he was just a kid a chance to tell him we love you and we support you, and they get to tell him in person, which is a special thing.”

Guess what, mom, you all could have seen him all lot more if he had stayed home.

Comment

I watched the replay. We really outplayed Carolina. Six fewer turnovers, five fewer fouls, two more points in the paint, and five more steals. The emotion of live play makes it difficult to evaluate overall results.

Comment

• İ watched the replay as well. We played far from a perfect game. Ted Friedman had two hustle plays in the second half. One was under our basket and led to a Jeremy Morgan 3 pointer. The other was the scrum at half court. He also changed the ae woth his defense.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                                İ watched the replay as well. We played far from a perfect game. Ted Friedman had two hustle plays in the second half. One was under our basket and led to a Jeremy Morgan 3 pointer. The other was the scrum at half court. He also changed the ae woth his defense.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
                                I haven't watched the replay but this really stood out to me watching it live. We played FAR from a perfect game. Lot of room for this team to grow and I hope they continue to improve fast. They proved they can play with anyone, now go out and do it every game.
                                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
                                X