WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unipanthers8907
    replied
    Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    Do you think we would have gotten the game in McLeod if UNC hadn't been playing in the Kansas City tournament?
    Yes... I don't think Roy said: "Hey, we're going to be in KC anyway, lets just make a trip to Cedar Falls."

UNC wanted a game close to Cedar Rapids for Paige. They already played ISU and Iowa the last 2 seasons, plus he probably figured it would be an easier game in the McLeod than going to Hilton or Carver, and UNI is a decent game/challenge unlike D+ which does nothing for their non-con SOS/RPI. I'm guessing it just happened to work out that both schools had an open date that coincided with UNC heading to KC right after - I doubt that not having it match-up with UNC's trip to KC would have been a deal breaker.
    Last edited by unipanthers8907; 11-24-2015, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ubuntuCAT
    replied

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    A little late to the party, but I just wanted to drop in and congratulate you guys on the huge win this weekend. Washpun's dunk was ridiculous--UNC learned what Shocker fans have known for awhile: that he's an incredible athlete.

Anyway, I think I'm speaking for many Shocker fans, if not most, when I say it's great to have a worthy adversary and rival in this conference that we don't absolutely hate. Lots of respect for your program because you guys represent the conference so well on and off the court. Looking forward to our games this year. Best of luck until then!
    Nicely said Rocky Mountain.... Looking forward to the WSU games... I'm hoping for 3 games this year.

Leave a comment:

• Panther'73
    replied

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
    I could be wrong but I think that will be the panther (booze) patio now.
    No, the Panther Patio is on the east side upper area - across from west side suites.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied

A little late to the party, but I just wanted to drop in and congratulate you guys on the huge win this weekend. Washpun's dunk was ridiculous--UNC learned what Shocker fans have known for awhile: that he's an incredible athlete.

Anyway, I think I'm speaking for many Shocker fans, if not most, when I say it's great to have a worthy adversary and rival in this conference that we don't absolutely hate. Lots of respect for your program because you guys represent the conference so well on and off the court. Looking forward to our games this year. Best of luck until then!

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

Do you think we would have gotten the game in McLeod if UNC hadn't been playing in the Kansas City tournament?

Leave a comment:

• ubuntuCAT
    replied

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    They were not. That section was blocked off for a "private party" apparently, the bleachers were folded in and they had tables set up.
    Interesting, never seen them do that for a big game. I wish they would do something different up there long term though. It's a great view of the court from up there but those bleacher seats suck.

Leave a comment:

• LA_Panther
    replied

Funny that they played one Purple Cats team tonight and another tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• LA_Panther
    replied

Glad that the Heels won tonight. They didn't look good until the last few minutes of the first half when they went into halftime on a 13-1 run. Fortunately they played a decent second half to win somewhat comfortably. It certainly is strange to be rooting for them.

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    I think Newby was referring to the players at NC. I'm not quite sure what you were saying in that context dad.

Reread the post. Never mind. Thanks Gonzo for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• 06panther10
    replied
    Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
    Were the bleachers above the alumni suite not used for this game????

They were not. That section was blocked off for a "private party" apparently, the bleachers were folded in and they had tables set up.

Leave a comment:

• Username
    replied

Carolina not looking good

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
    Panther Patio is on the east side, top deck. They have 2 banners on columns.

Leave a comment:

• otter
    replied

Yes they were

Leave a comment:

• Khan4Cats
    replied

Kind of fun tonight to be watching North Carolina playing the Purple Cats and rooting for the Tar Heels.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X